Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devon and Cornwall will be inundated with refugees? Ifs, maybes, and conjecture
24 March 2014, 17:23,
RE: Devon and Cornwall will be inundated with refugees? Ifs, maybes, and conjecture
and they will leave and set off with the wrong clothing-might be just what they stand up in, no fuel, no food cos all the shops are empty, and just try "winging it" like you say, cos their all panicking, got no plan just to go somewhere "safe", 99.99999% of them wont make it anywhere near, their bleached bones will be found by the side of the motorway or huddled in a "services" area somewhere having run out of fuel, in 5 or 10 years time by some lone solitary traveller.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 March 2014, 17:39, (This post was last modified: 24 March 2014, 17:44 by Midnitemo.)
RE: Devon and Cornwall will be inundated with refugees? Ifs, maybes, and conjecture
maybe so Paul..but you need to prepare yourself or at least get used to the idea that some of the luckier stronger or more determined ones may get there.

People travelling to relatives are what i call transients...they have a goal/end location..there not moving through with an eye on stopping if the place appears to have potential.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
24 March 2014, 17:46, (This post was last modified: 24 March 2014, 17:50 by bigpaul.)
I still reckon, given the amount of built up areas, very few will make it, they will either drop out at some point in the journey or get taken out by some redneck local in one of the towns they have to pass through/by. given the mileages involved in whatever direction they chose they will all run out of fuel/got involved in a RTA/ car breakdown/or just get robbed by others.

I'm not saying I'm dismissing the idea totally out of hand, but the numbers that do make it(if there are any at all) will be much smaller than some people think.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 March 2014, 17:51,
I agree mate the wastage will be massive....and if they knew what a daunting task it was they'd probably neck all there pills on the spot and call it quits but they don't know and when they find out it will be too late...i still think some individuals and small groups will get to there goals.
24 March 2014, 17:54,
(24 March 2014, 17:51)Midnitemo Wrote: I agree mate the wastage will be massive....and if they knew what a daunting task it was they'd probably neck all there pills on the spot and call it quits but they don't know and when they find out it will be too late...i still think some individuals and small groups will get to there goals.

yes I agree, emphasis on Lone individuals and SMALL groups, which I'm sure will be small enough to be absorbed into the local community. I DO expect the suicide rate to climb substantially.
24 March 2014, 18:00,
suicide is a valid option....something i would be prepared to consider if i thought the future were hopeless
24 March 2014, 18:03, (This post was last modified: 24 March 2014, 18:07 by bigpaul.)
not me Brother, I WILL survive no matter what I have to do, mainly cos I don't fancy the alternative!!Big Grin

I have heard it said so many times on forums before "I don't want to survive TSHTF if I cant have........."(insert your own item), well that's fine by me, leaves a lot more breathing space for those of us who do.
24 March 2014, 18:08,
I'm not a quitter, what drives me is the safety and survival of my family and dependents but i can in my minds eye imagine scenario's where i wouln't wish to continue.
24 March 2014, 18:11,
I CANT, even if everyone else is dead I would still want to carry on living. that's just me being me, I was brought up on my own, so being alone dosent hold any qualms for me, in fact I'd relish it.
24 March 2014, 18:12,
i don't have many things in the modern world i'd miss enough to cause me to want to check out....sex, music and laughter...there all do able in the new dark ages