Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who are we
31 March 2014, 14:05,
RE: who are we
that lets you out then...boom.boom.Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 April 2014, 13:18,
I sometimes despair of the young but i have to say if none of the young had ever not questioned the old way or dreamt and attempted new way's of doing things then i'd be sat in a cave dabbing this reply on the walls with crushed up berries for ink!
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
1 April 2014, 13:33,
there is nothing wrong with questioning, that's how we all learn, that's how many of us have become preppers by asking, I'm just saying the attitude of the modern youngster these days seems to be" you cant teach us anything, we know it all"! when in fact they know very little. if you look at some of the indigenous tribes around the world, knowledge is passed down the line from the village elders to the youngsters, some of it knowledge you need to survive, age and experience is respected and acknowledged, but not in modern western society...ooh no!! oh well, WTSHTF should "sort out the wheat from the chaff"...I wonder how many people have heard that, much less know what it means??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 April 2014, 14:18,
(1 April 2014, 13:33)bigpaul Wrote: there is nothing wrong with questioning, that's how we all learn, that's how many of us have become preppers by asking, I'm just saying the attitude of the modern youngster these days seems to be" you cant teach us anything, we know it all"! when in fact they know very little. if you look at some of the indigenous tribes around the world, knowledge is passed down the line from the village elders to the youngsters, some of it knowledge you need to survive, age and experience is respected and acknowledged, but not in modern western society...ooh no!! oh well, WTSHTF should "sort out the wheat from the chaff"...I wonder how many people have heard that, much less know what it means??

You seem to have a very ageist attitude BP. You even said on another thread that you can't learn anything from young people, yet you're happy to dig in at anyone younger than you at any opportunity, especially should they disagree with you...

I think you'll find most people know what "sort out the wheat from the chaff" means - it's a widely used saying.
1 April 2014, 14:36,
(1 April 2014, 14:18)BeardyMan Wrote: You seem to have a very ageist attitude BP. You even said on another thread that you can't learn anything from young people, yet you're happy to dig in at anyone younger than you at any opportunity, especially should they disagree with you...
i really don't give a monkeys if NOBODY agrees with me BM, its not my reason for being a prepper, I'm not here to be" liked" or to have lots of "followers", I'm not here like some cos i have a desire to be popular, most of the stuff on here isn't even prepper related anymore anyway, its got more to do with camping or what kind of motor they drive than anything to do with survivalism. I've told you before i have a lifetimes experience of many things, something these youngsters will only get with age, if they live long enough, sure i suppose they can tell me all about computers and the latest mobile or how to program the DVD player, but will any of that be any use post SHTF when the power is out, no of course its not, and that's why we are all here isn't it? well some of us anyway.
1 April 2014, 14:44,
the future belongs to the young...it always has ...its that simple...its our job to help and guide them to make the best use of it.
1 April 2014, 14:50, (This post was last modified: 1 April 2014, 14:51 by bigpaul.)
(1 April 2014, 14:44)Midnitemo Wrote: the future belongs to the young...it always has ...its that simple...its our job to help and guide them to make the best use of it.

only if they want to accept that help and guidance when it is freely offered, which is not always the case these days, unfortunately. dosent just apply to youngsters but to all.

which i suppose is the nature of sheeple everywhere, both young and old, they only want to learn when it is too late.
1 April 2014, 14:54,
I have 4 kids three biological and one sort of adoptive there all smarter than me which i'm chuffed about and there all as different as chalk and cheese i'm hoping for great things from all of them but its my job to facilitate to the best of my abilities there continued succes and survival for as long as i am physically able.
1 April 2014, 14:56,
Back on topic, I'm nearly 40, married, young kids, risk analyst, been interested in bushcraft / outdoor survival since I was a nipper but only seriously started prepping very recently.
1 April 2014, 14:57,
not everything i try to impart to them goes in but some does...we argue and disagree and as they get older they challenge me and heaven forbid sometimes there right or have a good point.