Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Dig Potatos
1 April 2014, 15:00,
No Dig Potatos
http://www.alloutdoor.com/2014/03/28/no-...Newsletter

video shows how to grow potatoes directly on top of lawn using the no-dig method.
1 April 2014, 17:13,
RE: No Dig Potatos
a tyre tower is a simple no dig way of growing spuds.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 April 2014, 17:21,
Yes BP I do loads this way.
1 April 2014, 17:23,
(1 April 2014, 17:21)Straight Shooter Wrote: Yes BP I do loads this way.

so do I, I have been using this method for 15 years now.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 April 2014, 11:17,
Yeah, I've seen the tyre towers in action. I had some tyres ready to go, then my missus asked me a question that I'd not given any thought to before...

Is there any "contamination" (probably not the correct word here, but it'll do for now) from the tyres into the potatoes? Only they're in very close proximity to them.
Would the tyres leach anything into the soil?
2 April 2014, 11:48,
nope, never had a problem doing it this way, in fact the added bonus using tyres is the rubber keeps the soil warm for longer aiding the growing process.
2 April 2014, 11:50,
Wunderbar.

Cheers BP.
I need new shoes on the truck, so I'll make good use of them instead of letting the garage have them away.
2 April 2014, 12:02,
yes, that's recycling in action. I stack the tyres flat 3 high no more, plant them in the bottom one and cover with soil, when the shoots pop up, cover again and keep doing that until they reach the top of the stack, then stop.
25 June 2014, 14:18,
im thinking about a rased no dig bed for spuds, useing scrap wood and waterproofed with old car oil.
would the oil spoil the spuds[i would paint it and leave to dry out first]...?
Survive the jive (youtube )
25 June 2014, 15:19,
as long as the oil isn't in direct contact with the spuds or in the soil I cant see a problem.