Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is Camping and Bushcraft a part of prepping and survivalism? Your Views
7 April 2014, 15:16,
RE: Is Camping and Bushcraft a part of prepping and survivalism? Your Views
(7 April 2014, 15:10)bigpaul Wrote: yes I did, I said skills like knowing which wild plants are edible, which woods burn well, how to trap and snare are all useful skills but they are not the be all and end all. same as a shed load of tins is not the answer either.

I don't think anyone has said that it is the be all and end all.

In my post about "For Bushcraft" I explained in there that it's a last ditch thing, not a primary option. At no point have I, or anyone else that I know of, said that the only thing there is to survivalism/prepping is bushcraft/wilderness survival skills. As a statement, saying it is the be all and end all would simply be rediculous.

Where did you get the idea that I, or anyone else thought that?

Same question to you NR. You're being cool with me today, so I'd love a quick heads up why you thought my view of Bushcraft was that it was the be all and end all, unless I've just got the wrong end of the stick.

To say that learning bushcraft and survival skills is not prepping is a very blanket statement. It is a part of prepping and survivalism though. NR said they were useful skills, and he's right. But they are also a part of prepping, albeit not an all encompassing system of prepping.

Having said that, it is possible to develop bushcraft skills to the point where they can hugely compensate for any lacking preps that you may have, e.g. lack of food, first aid, heat, shelter, etc. But there are MANY other options to encompass this.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Camping and Bushcraft a part of prepping and survivalism? Your Views - by Scythe13 - 7 April 2014, 15:16