Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hunting Kit
9 April 2014, 15:14,
RE: Hunting Kit
S13 16x anything as compact as a monocular is going to be rubbish for hunting(unless its a spotting scope and then it'd be rubbish for hunting for a different reason)the field of view is to narrow the light gathering properties will be very poor and the sight picture will be leaping about like a drunk epileptic , I'd suggest 6,7 or 8x
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
9 April 2014, 15:53,
(9 April 2014, 15:14)Midnitemo Wrote: S13 16x anything as compact as a monocular is going to be rubbish for hunting(unless its a spotting scope and then it'd be rubbish for hunting for a different reason)the field of view is to narrow the light gathering properties will be very poor and the sight picture will be leaping about like a drunk epileptic , I'd suggest 6,7 or 8x

Oh okay. I've found it pretty good so far. I'll experiment with different systems then and see what works best. Thanks for the info mate.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
9 April 2014, 16:57, (This post was last modified: 9 April 2014, 17:37 by Midnitemo.)
S13 I noticed Sportmans had some bushnell hunting spec bino's in there sale department recently , some of em less than half price....not zeiss or Swarovski but still pretty decent and you wouldn't have to sell a kidney Big Grin

nice big objective lens to gather in as much available light as possible...rubber armoured and waterproof would be nice say 7x50....most serious hunting gets done at dawn or dusk so the big objective lens is crucial.....don't but 7x21 or 10x25 as there really not much more than toys when your hunting, ok in a bob but nut upto snuff for hunting.
9 April 2014, 18:32,
seems a lot of stuff just to go hunting to me ,I just take my gun, knife and water
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
9 April 2014, 23:16,
It is an excessive load-out for a short hunt, as one would do while checking the snare line.

Unless one runs into a heard of lemmings rushing toward the sea there is little need for extra gas cylinders, two kinds of ammo and binoculars.

Gun, a few rounds of ammo, pocket knife for skinning, a couple of zip lock bags ad a bottle of water work just fine for me, and I am out nearly every day during season.
10 April 2014, 09:01, (This post was last modified: 10 April 2014, 09:14 by Midnitemo.)
Bino's are crucial for hunting in this country with our draconian gun laws , footpaths , public rights of way , shared access and the right to roam....if you point a gun at somebody inadvertantley whilst using you're scope to scan for prey there could be serious consequences...its un safe and the person who's having it pointed at them doesn't know the status of the gun.....I know thing's are a little more lax in the US cos we get see all the mishaps on you tube and I also know the US military are apt to let fly without checking first what there letting fly at but that's not how we do it.

I must admit I thought there was a lot of stuff on the list till I looked through my cartridge bag and found a lot of the same stuff only I'd forgotten I'd ever put it in there lol
10 April 2014, 11:50,
(10 April 2014, 09:01)Midnitemo Wrote: I must admit I thought there was a lot of stuff on the list till I looked through my cartridge bag and found a lot of the same stuff only I'd forgotten I'd ever put it in there lol

That's kind of how this one has developed.
11 April 2014, 10:38,
Just remembered 2 things that are going in the bag as soon as I get home.

1. Hand sanitiser.
2. Bug Repellant.
11 April 2014, 10:42,
(9 April 2014, 18:32)Barneyboy Wrote: seems a lot of stuff just to go hunting to me ,I just take my gun, knife and water

exactly BB.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 April 2014, 11:03,
how about some make up, and lip gloss, and new pair of pantiesSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!