Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roaming Bugging Out
11 April 2014, 17:19,
RE: Roaming Bugging Out
(11 April 2014, 16:37)bigpaul Wrote: I'm wasting my f....... breath.

your all so ruddy wonderful and switched on and so competent makes me wonder why your all bothering with a boring forum seeing as how you all know so much(aint sarcasm a wonderful thing), I mean your what...28 and 32 and already you know everything there is to know, not just about prepping and survivalism but about everything?

I'm going to assume that's directed at me, as its the BIGGEST compliment I've had in years!!! Thanks Paul!! Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

(11 April 2014, 16:37)bigpaul Wrote: I was walking this county whilst you lot were still a twinkle in your daddies eye. hell, my people have lived in this area for centuries, but still you say I don't know where to go to hide, remain hidden and never be found.

If you want to crawl inside a hole and never come out, then I guess you are right. But not if you intend to go out hunting; gathering; scavenging etc.

And don't forget peoples behaviours will change, they will start to go to places they have never been to before to look for food and resources.

And what about the land owner and his family; and his friends and his employees; and the farming contractors that he uses and his neighbours plus their friends/family/employees/contractors etc etc, not to mention those that any of the above may associate with. Ot those like you and me who have seen these places when out and about.

If you are 'assuming' you can stay hidden and undetected, then I should refer you back to what you said a few days ago about making assumptions!!
11 April 2014, 17:26, (This post was last modified: 11 April 2014, 17:33 by bigpaul.)
that's what I mean, no one is right but you lot, someone who has lived in this part of the country for over half a century dosent know what he is talking about, people who lived here for all of 9 months, or for a few years, think they know more about this county than someone who has lived here for most of their life and their fathers, grandfathers and greatgrandfather before them.

hell, I've said it before but no one listens to "granddad", you get about 13 miles away from here and most people have never heard of this place, when you say they reply "Where?", and if I was to tell them where I intend to go and bug out again most people would never have heard of it, so don't people who have never lived in Devon tell me I don't know where to go and remain hidden, cos their talking absolute BS.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 April 2014, 17:54,
Paul

I'm born and bred in North Devon, my family go back generations in this area. My Dad's side of the family are all from Clovelly/Hartland with a combination of Fishermen and Farmers.

I've probably spent more time living in Devon than you, given your excursions across the border to Somerset.

As most people on here will know I also love my Land Rovers and exploring the deepest darkest areas of the Countryside in both Devon and Cornwall using both Green Lanes and UCR's. I get to see plenty of places that are not accessible to most and know exactly how remote places can be. But even so, anywhere in Devon is easily accessible.

Interestingly if you look at the following link which covers your parish or political area you will see that in 2009, there were over 26,000 people living on your doorstep alone, that doesn't include the bigger towns to the North, West and South!!

http://www.devon.gov.uk/index/councildem...ampton.htm

So do you really think you could survive (inc. gathering food and supplies) and remain undetected???
11 April 2014, 18:02, (This post was last modified: 11 April 2014, 18:13 by bigpaul.)
first off D your only 40 so yes I have lived in Devon for longer than you have been alive. Secondly where I live the population is 1,300, there are 5,000 in Okehampton, 5,000 in another town 13 miles East and another 5,000 13 miles North, no where near the 26,000 you quoted. also when I bug out I will be going to none of these places but going in a completely different direction, and no, its none of your business. and as for family, father lived in Barnstaple, grandfather was "an old contemptable" if you know what that means and worked in Shaplands as a cabinet maker, great grandfather was a fisherman on the Torridge. so don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

and for your final question, yes I do.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 April 2014, 18:35,
And you wonder why new folk don't stay long.....d!ckheads, big egos and know-it-alls ruin this place.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
11 April 2014, 18:36,
Well, this is some interesting discussion.

Different views and the alike.

Okay, so those FOR roaming bugging out, please state your cases for it.

Those against roaming bugging out, please state your cases against it.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
11 April 2014, 19:21,
What ever works at the time for the circumstances, flexibility must be the key I guess, some will stay, some will migrate, some will go nomadic, just do your best to adapt to what ever is happening.

11 April 2014, 21:52,
(11 April 2014, 18:35)TOF Wrote: And you wonder why new folk don't stay long.....d!ckheads, big egos and know-it-alls ruin this place.

On the plus side, the comedy value is outstanding.
11 April 2014, 22:01,
TOF

"And you wonder why new folk don't stay long.....d!ckheads, big egos and know-it-alls ruin this place."

Oh Tof don't be so hard on yourself.

11 April 2014, 22:11,
(11 April 2014, 18:36)Scythe13 Wrote: Well, this is some interesting discussion.

Different views and the alike.

Okay, so those FOR roaming bugging out, please state your cases for it.

Those against roaming bugging out, please state your cases against it.

For me it has to be:

1. Bug in
2. Bug out to BOL No.1
3. Bug out to BOL No.2
4. Alternative location ??
5. Go nomad whilst looking for a new BOL