• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roaming Bugging Out
11 April 2014, 22:18,
RE: Roaming Bugging Out
LOL, There is thatSmile

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
11 April 2014, 22:28,
(11 April 2014, 18:36)Scythe13 Wrote: Well, this is some interesting discussion.

Different views and the alike.

Okay, so those FOR roaming bugging out, please state your cases for it.

The only reason I'm for it, is because we may have no other option. In our case shelter and water wont be an issue. If we cant find a suitable building, then we'll make our own secluded shelter. There is so much commercial property around though, dont know why we couldnt find a nice empty office somewhere. With caches scattered about maybe we'll be ok until we can return home. I wouldnt call it roaming as we intend to stay in the area. There are plenty of natural resources and I know the area well. I agree that too much moving around is a bad thing, so plan on staying put as much as possible.

The other option would be to just wonder north with only what we can carry. That makes us easy prey. Where would we go? Some small farming community? I dont think they will be welcoming strangers.

Dream about having a fortress BOL someday, but have to make do for now.
11 April 2014, 22:39,
(11 April 2014, 17:26)bigpaul Wrote: that's what I mean, no one is right but you lot, someone who has lived in this part of the country for over half a century dosent know what he is talking about, people who lived here for all of 9 months, or for a few years, think they know more about this county than someone who has lived here for most of their life and their fathers, grandfathers and greatgrandfather before them.

hell, I've said it before but no one listens to "granddad", you get about 13 miles away from here and most people have never heard of this place, when you say they reply "Where?", and if I was to tell them where I intend to go and bug out again most people would never have heard of it, so don't people who have never lived in Devon tell me I don't know where to go and remain hidden, cos their talking absolute BS.

Dude, you live in Hatherleigh, on a housing estate, surrounded by loads of other housing. Stop making out you're out in the boondocks. You're almost as bad as NR and his "castle", which is, in reality, a 3 bed semi in Sedgefield.

We all know your BOLs are within 8 miles of your house (a day or twos walk for you) so give me ten minutes on Google earth and I'll give you walking directions from your front door to your BOL...

You, sir, are a dreamer and a fantasist.
12 April 2014, 06:17, (This post was last modified: 12 April 2014, 06:31 by Binnie.)
(11 April 2014, 16:37)bigpaul Wrote: I'm wasting my f....... breath.

your all so ruddy wonderful and switched on and so competent makes me wonder why your all bothering with a boring forum seeing as how you all know so much(aint sarcasm a wonderful thing), I mean your what...28 and 32 and already you know everything there is to know, not just about prepping and survivalism but about everything?

I mean you all know so damn much that you wont listen to anyone else's opinion. even someone who has got off his arse and gone into the back country and found his BOL, not just one but several, in an area he knows like the back of his hand and knows just how many people go there and why, I was walking this county whilst you lot were still a twinkle in your daddies eye. hell, my people have lived in this area for centuries, but still you say I don't know where to go to hide, remain hidden and never be found.

BP....

i am not your typical young whippersnapper, with borderline rickets and square eyes. I've been around the block a few times.

I know for a fact, that unless you build a bunker with a scrubbing tower, sewerage, some sort of hydroponics for growing, some sort of solar or wind system to power such hydroponics, then you are GOING to have to forage eventually, thats when you get spotted, then you HAVE to travel.

in the first two paragraphs of your above post you've pretty much described yourself........

apart from the age bit lol

and since in the 900 odd days you've been registered on the forum, you've been online for a scary 2736 hours.

thats a scary 3 hours per day on average, 7 days a week.

Now i also happen to know you love "researching" sites, preferrably american, to post links to, and carefully hand crafting tinfoil hats into various animal shapes.

if you add these 2 things together, you come up with someone that sits on their hoop most of the day, some would say an "armchair warrior"

I work 50-60 hours per week, and i'd be willing to bet i'm more proactive than you my friend!

just because you don't agree with something paul, doesn't make it automatically wrong!

Have you ever considered the younger, newer, members may have a fresher outlook, and ultimately have researched things with open minds?

wake up bud, before its too late

and back on topic,

Roaming HAS to be considered, even if it's roaming while waiting on the coast to be clear before approaching your primary BOL, should your home base be comprimised.

IE you travel to a staging area where you can see your approach to your BOL, but 1km or so away, you see a party camping, you've no idea if they are freindly or not, and your other BOL is 3 days walk away.

i'd consider staying in the area to see if said party moved on
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
12 April 2014, 07:56,
Some really good insights here.

Looks like a few more locations will be getting sourced. I hear that damns are pretty good places. Lots of fish and the alike. But it'll attract LOADS of attention! So maybe not. I'll probably be going a little more costal then. I want the coast within walking distance.

I have 3 BOL's, but if I'm going to be roaming, I'll probably have to venture along a further distance, and not just pop from one to another and back.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
12 April 2014, 08:20,
Roaming isn't an option for me, not for the foreseeable future, with a 3 year old terrorist and a 3 week old baby. Well, Not quick or quiet roaming.
I'm not saying we won't be displaced, but should that happen then things get very sticky for me very quickly.

But I know this area like the back of my hand, I have spots that no one else on earth knows about, and I'll never be found... Oh wait, no, that's not me... Rolleyes

Yup, if we have to leave, then we're in trouble.
12 April 2014, 09:11,
(12 April 2014, 06:17)Binnie Wrote: BP....

i am not your typical young whippersnapper, with borderline rickets and square eyes. I've been around the block a few times.

I know for a fact, that unless you build a bunker with a scrubbing tower, sewerage, some sort of hydroponics for growing, some sort of solar or wind system to power such hydroponics, then you are GOING to have to forage eventually, thats when you get spotted, then you HAVE to travel.

in the first two paragraphs of your above post you've pretty much described yourself........

and since in the 900 odd days you've been registered on the forum, you've been online for a scary 2736 hours.

Now i also happen to know you love "researching" sites, preferrably american, to post links to, and carefully hand crafting tinfoil hats into various animal shapes.

if you add these 2 things together, you come up with someone that sits on their hoop most of the day, some would say an "armchair warrior"

I work 50-60 hours per week, and i'd be willing to bet i'm more proactive than you my friend!

just because you don't agree with something paul, doesn't make it automatically wrong!

Have you ever considered the younger, newer, members may have a fresher outlook, and ultimately have researched things with open minds?

and back on topic,

Roaming HAS to be considered, even if it's roaming while waiting on the coast to be clear before approaching your primary BOL, should your home base be comprimised.

IE you travel to a staging area where you can see your approach to your BOL, but 1km or so away, you see a party camping, you've no idea if they are freindly or not, and your other BOL is 3 days walk away.

Binnie,i'm on forums because unlike some on here I don't have to go out an earn a living, I've done all that, so I have the time to do other things then come back online. there seems to be an element on here that poo-poos anything someone with a bit of experience has said, what I say online I have done, its from either my personal experience or a relatives experience, or is something I know to be true, or is my considered opinion based on fact or experience or both. this forum seems to be inhabited by the Facebook and Twitter generation who think they know it all-about everything- and nobody except themselves has a valid opinion. there are people on here who haven't been here 5 minutes and all of a sudden they think their some kind of expert? I came on forums to get info and knowledge and I'm still learning, but not on this forum any more, this has fallen to the level of a debating society or lower, I cant remember the last time anyone except NR imparted some knowledge of worth, its just turned into an ego fest.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 April 2014, 09:26,
The fact is All of us may not have a choice and be forced to move around.....even if plan z fails.......which brings us all back to square one.....survivial and bushcraft. Skills and knowledge...plain and simple ....I see no point in running around in circles even if your young or a old fart.....and what's the point of snide remarks WHERE does that take us all ?
12 April 2014, 10:06, (This post was last modified: 12 April 2014, 10:09 by Binnie.)
(12 April 2014, 09:26)Straight Shooter Wrote: The fact is All of us may not have a choice and be forced to move around.....even if plan z fails.......which brings us all back to square one.....survivial and bushcraft. Skills and knowledge...plain and simple ....I see no point in running around in circles even if your young or a old fart.....and what's the point of snide remarks WHERE does that take us all ?

sorry Sad

I just cannot help commenting when my BS detector goes off the scale.

Most people on here are ace, there are a few individuals that aren't and if their outlook doesn't change they are going to find things very difficult post event

(12 April 2014, 09:11)bigpaul Wrote:
(12 April 2014, 06:17)Binnie Wrote: BP....

and back on topic,

Binnie,i'm on forums because unlike some on here I don't have to go out an earn a living, I've done all that, so I have the time to do other things then come back online. there seems to be an element on here that poo-poos anything someone with a bit of experience has said, what I say online I have done, its from either my personal experience or a relatives experience, or is something I know to be true, or is my considered opinion based on fact or experience or both. this forum seems to be inhabited by the Facebook and Twitter generation who think they know it all-about everything- and nobody except themselves has a valid opinion. there are people on here who haven't been here 5 minutes and all of a sudden they think their some kind of expert? I came on forums to get info and knowledge and I'm still learning, but not on this forum any more, this has fallen to the level of a debating society or lower, I cant remember the last time anyone except NR imparted some knowledge of worth, its just turned into an ego fest.

no one forces you to come on here bud, i'm no expert, but i don't blindly take someones word as gospel.

i do however have a decent idea of who to listen to on here, and who to ignore...
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
12 April 2014, 10:30, (This post was last modified: 12 April 2014, 10:32 by bigpaul.)
so do i.

you cant tell them, they know it all, they've said as much.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.