Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Island with BG
8 May 2014, 15:56,
RE: The Island with BG
(8 May 2014, 15:32)bigpaul Wrote: once they got out of the mangroves and onto the beach, I haven't seen anyone doing any exploring, its an island isn't anyone interested in whats on the other side??

I'm sure that would have happened to some extent, but then again after all the introductions and travel onto the island, ad breaks etc there was probably only about 20-30 mins of air time when they were on the island proper.
8 May 2014, 15:57,
(8 May 2014, 15:32)bigpaul Wrote: once they got out of the mangroves and onto the beach, I haven't seen anyone doing any exploring, its an island isn't anyone interested in whats on the other side??

Easy there BP...hold back the frustration. Don't forget, it's only episode 1, and these things are HUGELY edited. Who knows what episode 2 will hold?!?!

Okay, that's the predictions....episode 2 will be about........

As I've already said...FOOD.

They hinted at it loads in the previous episode about hunger pangs and the alike....plus the footage from the next episode is clearly about catching a croc.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
8 May 2014, 16:16,
Yep it does seem like the producers are trying to focus on a single key issue in each episode.
8 May 2014, 16:27,
Not watched the program at all so can't really comment on that, but I would say S13 from personal experience I would always put fire before water, best to get the fire going first, ups the moral, keeps you warm at night and helps to keep the moseys and beasties away, helps you to retain the energy you've got and if your looking for rescue acts as a signal.
8 May 2014, 16:34,
to most people shelter would come first, I haven't seen anyone prepare a sleeping area yet they all just seem to sleep on the bare ground. i'll keep watching it but I reckon its a load of c##p, obviously just done for the tv ratings nothing to do with survival.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 May 2014, 16:41,
(8 May 2014, 16:34)bigpaul Wrote: obviously just done for the tv ratings nothing to do with survival.

That's exactly why its done.

Its no different than say the other C4 programme on at the moment 'For the love of cars', if you were hoping to learn how to renovate an old Land Rover like they did, then its absolutely useless. But I still found it interesting.

Same with this, the programme has not been produced for preppers, or even to teach people about prepping or bushcraft or survival, if anyone thinks it has, then they will be truly disappointed.

Just enjoy it for what it is, and it doesn't make it bad TV because we know more and would do things completely differently.
8 May 2014, 16:56,
I still reckon its a case of showing us how NOT to do it!!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 May 2014, 17:07,
(8 May 2014, 16:56)bigpaul Wrote: I still reckon its a case of showing us how NOT to do it!!Big GrinBig Grin

Agreed!!
12 May 2014, 23:16,
roast crock ....Smile ,anybobdy see tonights show, i enjoyed it seems to be getting better.
Survive the jive (youtube )
12 May 2014, 23:56,
Yep just watched it on +1 and thought they done well to show the realities of just how difficult it can be source/hunt/fish for food.

Yes for sure there are other things they could have been doing (edible plants/snakes/using the rotten fish as bait for the pelican/making a bow etc etc), but it does give a reality check to those who think life in the wild/bugging out is easy.