Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Island with BG
13 May 2014, 12:14,
RE: The Island with BG
Cool. I'll be watching that tonight when I get home.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
13 May 2014, 12:54,
I thought the pair did very well with the cayman, fair play to them, but I thought the rest were a bit wishy washy, giving up on the net after the first try, why didn't they use the fish as bait??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 May 2014, 13:03,
i think its good ,the whole point of the show is to show how the normal man can do when all the stuff is taken ,the show says to me there will be a big die off WTSHTF.we as a SUK need to keep learning and prepping so it don't happen to us
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
13 May 2014, 13:14,
I enjoyed last nights episode, and feel they as a group are making progress, and it's easy to find faults when we as a forum have much more knowledge about certain aspects of hunting and fishing etc than they do. The fishing net problems regarding being left overnight was a mistake caused by ignorance which they will quickly learn. The problem with leaving nets out in tropical waters is not so much that dead fish will rot in the warm water, it is that those fish will attract Sharks, that at best will take the fish, and at worst destroy your nets in the process. I think they will quickly work out that the Ocean will provide a much more regular supply of food than the land will, and concentrate their food gathering on it's resources.
13 May 2014, 13:18,
(13 May 2014, 13:03)Barneyboy Wrote: i think its good ,the whole point of the show is to show how the normal man can do when all the stuff is taken ,the show says to me there will be a big die off WTSHTF.

you are so right BB, that's something that most people don't realise.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 May 2014, 13:29,
I will say that they should of killed the gator when they caught it .must of been no more than half an hour walk from there camp,would not of gone off in that time ,and yes TTH mate they are coming together as a tribe .my point is the man off the street no's bugger all about survival .but we will see if it all go's pear shaped
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
13 May 2014, 13:38,
(13 May 2014, 13:29)Barneyboy Wrote: I will say that they should of killed the gator when they caught it .must of been no more than half an hour walk from there camp,would not of gone off in that time ,and yes TTH mate they are coming together as a tribe .my point is the man off the street no's bugger all about survival .but we will see if it all go's pear shaped

people will have to learn bloody quick WTSHTF or they wont survive.
13 May 2014, 14:41,
Yes I agree with all of the above comments and its going to be interesting to see how things develop in the coming weeks, particularly as these guys can be considered largely as Joe Public with little idea regarding survival - ie: the type of people we may have to either work with or fight against!
13 May 2014, 14:44,
if the average Joe Bloggs has as much idea and gumption as this lot, expect the death rate to be high WTSHTF.
13 May 2014, 15:21,
(13 May 2014, 14:44)bigpaul Wrote: if the average Joe Bloggs has as much idea and gumption as this lot, expect the death rate to be high WTSHTF.

Yep, it will certainly be a dam sight harder over here than on a tropical island!!