Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible ultimate bug out bicycle
17 January 2012, 13:02,
RE: Possible ultimate bug out bicycle
I still want a diesel motorbike.

17 January 2012, 13:04,
(17 January 2012, 13:02)NorthernRaider Wrote: I still want a diesel motorbike.

I still want to build a Navy SEAL DPV from the 1990's. But when the fuel all runs out from everywhere, I'm going back to a bike.
17 January 2012, 13:05,
there are several diesel vehicles in my area, i have noticed that they give of an acrid smell and the engines sound like a bag of bolts! neither of which you need in a scouting vehicle.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 January 2012, 13:14,
(17 January 2012, 13:05)bigpaul Wrote: there are several diesel vehicles in my area, i have noticed that they give of an acrid smell and the engines sound like a bag of bolts! neither of which you need in a scouting vehicle.

I currently drive a Diesel Vectra 2.2 Turbo. You can get great mileage from it, but there is no way you could scout with it. It sounds like a sports car, it's a loud engine. I'm getting a company car sorted soon, so hopefully that will not be as loud!
18 January 2012, 13:22,
Well, other than shanks' pony, I only have my bicycle. Having said that, it is a great form of transport only limited by my fitness; or lack thereof. I must admit though that my better half has a diesel Berlingo. Not exactly a post apocalyptic "Mad Max" vehicle but it suits us and our needs alright. Plenty of room in it for all our camping gear and what-not. Good car, in my huble opinion.
Joe.
20 January 2012, 13:48,
There's a field which the landlord owns next to our flat that has 2 horses and 2 llamas in it. If TSHTF then I'm going to make friends with the llamas straight away. I'm sure one will come in handy and I'll eat the other one. Horses don't like me. But that's fine, cause I'm not too fond of them either!
20 January 2012, 13:50,
(20 January 2012, 13:48)00111001 Wrote: There's a field which the landlord owns next to our flat that has 2 horses and 2 llamas in it. If TSHTF then I'm going to make friends with the llamas straight away. I'm sure one will come in handy and I'll eat the other one. Horses don't like me. But that's fine, cause I'm not too fond of them either!

Nup its two horses and a pushmepullyou

20 January 2012, 14:19,
I'm thinking about camo-ing my bicycle...a step too far or sensible?
Joe.
20 January 2012, 14:26,
(20 January 2012, 14:19)Joe Poncho Wrote: I'm thinking about camo-ing my bicycle...a step too far or sensible?
Joe.

At most you should spray it matt black. You need to keep the chain well oiled though.

Remember, camo will change as the seasons change, or depending on where you are. You're better off carrying a small camo net in a small pocket pouch thing on the bike. But you won't need to use that until TSHTF. So for now, I'd keep it how it is.
20 January 2012, 15:44,
Yup...good idea. Thanks.
Joe.