Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Grid Preparing for the Risk of Blackouts this Winter
5 November 2014, 12:30,
RE: National Grid Preparing for the Risk of Blackouts this Winter
no such problems around here, the older kids go down to the skate park and the younger ones seem to be indoors on their computers and Xboxes, we hardly ever see them outside, and the only time the parents come out is to have a ciggie on the doorstep and yap to their next door neighbour, bloody nuisance in the summer when we've gone to bed early cos we're getting up at 5 or so to go somewhere!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 November 2014, 12:06,
Postman just came, just had circular from western power......the heading POWER CUT ? they are giving free fridge magnet with a emergency telephone number 0800 6783 105 the magnet glows in the dark........this has re, assured me no end.....so its on then.....power cuts.....you could not make it up.
11 November 2014, 12:30,
Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har Har ... You could not make it up could you, a bloody fridge magnet FFS they could have sent something useful like a candle or a lightstick.

Power goes off, 3 million Western Power customers look at glowing magnet and reach for the cordless house phone...... ooops Cordless house phones need mains power to operate the transmitter, reaches for the cell phone 3 million people dialing a premium rate phone number that does not answer because Western Powers switchboard needs mains power to work.

11 November 2014, 12:35,
Nail on head again NR ......i wonder it the magnet will give off enough light in the kitchen ......will test drive it tonight and geet back.
11 November 2014, 13:32,
Come to think of it, nedl (the North Easter power grid people) who oversee the area I live in have been putting radio adverts out asking people with priority need to pre-register with them incase of power cuts. People like those with medical conditions reliant on electric powered gizmos or those with very young/old family members etc.. I'd never thought much of them tbh but the penny has just dropped. It's basically advance warning of cuts. Good job I've got my calor gas heaters, gas & meths cooking stoves & a big 2.5kw petrol generator with 15ltr tank. We'll be sorted for short term cuts. If it really got bad then we'd load the car up with above items & head over to my parents where they have the wood stove.
11 November 2014, 14:15,
(11 November 2014, 12:06)Straight Shooter Wrote: Postman just came, just had circular from western power......the heading POWER CUT ? they are giving free fridge magnet with a emergency telephone number 0800 6783 105 the magnet glows in the dark........this has re, assured me no end.....so its on then.....power cuts.....you could not make it up.

Yep, we've had that as well Dodgy
11 November 2014, 14:17,
you just couldn't make it up, could you??Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 November 2014, 22:11,
well guess what......................magnet is useless .....i burnt the toast........daaaaad i done it wrong again.
12 November 2014, 00:20,
I haven't tried the magnet, I've got a posh wooden door over the fridge Wink

But it doesn't bloody glow in the dark very well either!
12 November 2014, 22:33,
sited my air rifle in .......guess what i used as a target ? noooooooooooo a lemon....i stole it from this tree from this posh bastard up country