Poll: Do you think you have prepared enough?
Yes, I am fully prepared
Yes, I'm prepared enough but still adding
No, I am nearly there
No, I'm a long way away
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think you have prepared enough?
19 October 2011, 11:27,
RE: Do you think you have prepared enough?
There are two problems with laser correction
1] It that it trades far-sight for near-sight.
As we age the fluid in our eyes dry out making it harder for our eye muscles to deform the shape of the eyeball and change the focal length. You can trade far/near focus but as you age you will continue to loose near-sightedness. Eventually even with laser correction you will need glasses, all you are doing is deciding whether you need reading glasses or 'all the time' glasses. Unfortunately the trade-off you make when you are middle aged might leave you worse-off in old age than if you'd not had 'correction'
2] I've heard horror stories of the scars left by laser surgery messing up peoples night vision. During the day they can see fine but in low light levels with low light sources (like driving lights) the laser recepient can see the scars from the surgery and it compromises their vision.

As for dental work, what material are the artificial teeth made of that are longer lasting than our natural teeth? Ceramic won't last a lifetime, a gold alloy might but I don't want someone to mug me and decide to steal all my teeth!
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?

Messages In This Thread
Do you think you have prepared enough? - by Skean Dhude - 16 September 2011, 23:05
RE: Do you think you have prepared enough? - by Skvez - 19 September 2011, 12:18
RE: Do you think you have prepared enough? - by Brian - 21 September 2011, 15:21
RE: Do you think you have prepared enough? - by Dana - 19 October 2011, 08:07
RE: Do you think you have prepared enough? - by Skvez - 19 October 2011, 11:27