Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Preparing for what?
8 January 2012, 10:34,
RE: Preparing for what?
If you have the space grow your own Wheat. Seeds available from Suffolk Herbs. Kenneth Eames.
8 January 2012, 11:41,
That seems to be what it comes down to; space. My view is that if you have the seeds then after an event you can survive long enough to take over the land and grow it. Not worth doing now.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
8 January 2012, 12:23,
(8 January 2012, 11:41)Skean Dhude Wrote: That seems to be what it comes down to; space. My view is that if you have the seeds then after an event you can survive long enough to take over the land and grow it. Not worth doing now.

That makes perfect sense doesnt it? IE cache and stockpile sufficient supplies to see you through the great die off, then plant in the deceased neighbours gardens or on the village green when its safe to do so.

8 January 2012, 12:26,
yep, there are plenty of green spaces around this estate i can use after "the great die off", most of the estate is open plan so in theory i could use ALL the front gardens.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 January 2012, 12:35,
Back gardens are much better most of them are hidden for privacy so someone will need to visit to see.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
8 January 2012, 12:52,
(8 January 2012, 12:35)Skean Dhude Wrote: Back gardens are much better most of them are hidden for privacy so someone will need to visit to see.

was just thinking out loud SD, after a large die off not many people about, only ONE vehicular access to estate and SAME way out again, one access with padlocked bollards and one pedestrian access(dirt path).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 January 2012, 12:53,
Pile the dead across the two access points

8 January 2012, 12:57,
(8 January 2012, 12:53)NorthernRaider Wrote: Pile the dead across the two access points
yep, or "dead" vehiclesTongue
8 January 2012, 13:45,
Make a new access point through a side area and install vehicle traps across the old entry point. Seal of all pedestrian access with bushes and debris. You will need a few to secure it properly though.
Skean Dhude
8 January 2012, 14:55,
(8 January 2012, 13:45)Skean Dhude Wrote: Make a new access point through a side area and install vehicle traps across the old entry point. Seal of all pedestrian access with bushes and debris. You will need a few to secure it properly though.

the bottom access(the one with the padlocked steel bollards) is easy enough-i just take out the cattle grid!! blocking the main access is a bit trickier its about 40ft wide + 10ft of pavement.