Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Preparing for what?
5 January 2012, 17:38,
RE: Preparing for what?
(5 January 2012, 17:22)Scythe13 Wrote: I take it then that most people are getting ready for something big to happen?

YES BUT with caveats, I dont believe we are going to wake up in the morning to find society has collapsed, shops empty, petrol station dry, cops awol, power off etc, I believe it is happening NOW as we debate.
Its a creeping insidious cancer eroding society slowly, surely, steadily bringing society to its knees.

Each day goes by fuel gets more expensive, more immigrants arrive, more gang killings happen, more streets become no go areas, more cops become paramils rather than bobbies, more politicians become isolated, more wealthy people move away from cities, more communities become gated or guarded by guards, Pensions become worthless, food unaffordable, crime continues to rise, desperate governments introduce ever more repressive laws, and more and more people do two things (A) move away from the citys regardless of cost and (B) turn up on the forums only to find out they are not insane kooks or even a minority.

5 January 2012, 17:39,
My immeadiate concern is financial collapse, particularly as the company I work for may go into administration soon so I would like to get out of debt and lay down sufficient supplies to be able to survive being out of work for a while. Long term I am getting ready for anything and everything, I figure any major event will result in civil unrest of some sort. I am in Manchester and we all saw how much fun mancs have when they go looting, I mean shopping Wink
5 January 2012, 17:41,
Big GrinHi there Sphinx im in sunny manchester too !! Yaaaaay another Manc!!!Big Grin
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
5 January 2012, 17:44,
oh hell, yet another member with a strange accent i can't understandTongue its OK i'm only joking.....a bit!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 January 2012, 17:47,
(5 January 2012, 17:41)mikebratcher69 Wrote: Big GrinHi there Sphinx im in sunny manchester too !! Yaaaaay another Manc!!!Big Grin

I'm an honorary Manc, my wife was born and raised on the mean streets of Moston. I grew up somewhere greener and quieter Big Grin
5 January 2012, 17:50, (This post was last modified: 5 January 2012, 17:50 by mikebratcher69.)
Yey Im in Moston..
and dont worry once you've even looked at a manc, your a manc FOREVER THERES NO ESCAPE !!!!!!!Big Grin
Bet you love manchester then being brought up in the country!!!
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
5 January 2012, 17:59,
I am with you guys 100%.

I believe the collapse will happen in our lifetimes.

The tipping point is coming ever closer, looming overhead like Demiclies Sword, suspended from a hair.

Todays current situations, rising prices of EVERYTHING (custard cream biscuits used to be 30p for Sainsburys own, 45p now!!!) along with the increased unemployment, reduced opportunities for todays youth, and a whole host of other things, are all just primers for The Snap.

The Snap will be a single event that history will view as the tipping point on society. The snap is the trigger that sets off all the primed past events. When that single event happens, everything will be unleashed, and we'll all be in a whole new situation. I'll tell you now, I'm having that week off work!!!
5 January 2012, 18:11,
(5 January 2012, 17:59)Scythe13 Wrote: When that single event happens, everything will be unleashed, and we'll all be in a whole new situation. I'll tell you now, I'm having that week off work!!!

dont worry Scythe13, when that happens you'll be having the rest of your life off work (or at least, the sort of work you used to do, you'll be doing a different sort of work- its called self preservation!)Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 January 2012, 18:17,
Ok. This is me having a blonde moment.

Why is it so important to be debt free in case TSHTF? Many people have mentioned how important it is not to have any credit card debt, but surely if TSHTF then this will be wiped out ? And if we are the victims of some kind of EMP then the scenario is the same, my debt will be wiped out?

Am I missing something??
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

5 January 2012, 18:23,
a lot of the American sites bang on about clearing debts, in a great cataclismical event i guess all bets are off but i suppose it depends on what "the event" is, it could be something more low key like an economic collapse, in that event if you've cleared all your debts then you will obviously better off than some people!