Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebola confirmed in the US!
13 October 2014, 11:03,
RE: Ebola confirmed in the US!
You don't know much about snakes Mort. The reason most people get bitten is that they are "invisible" and get stood on, people just don't see them. As for fatality of Venom I can guarantee a Cobra will %100 kill you faster than Ebola ever will.
I was merely putting the numbers of infected as they stand today into context.
13 October 2014, 13:31,
Snakebite is not really a consideration for us here in the UK anyway, I think the only venomous one we have is the Adder and the chances of not getting bitten are huge unless of course you step on it or try and pick it up, most snakes in the UK will be long gone before you ever get near them. I haven't seen an adder for years.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 October 2014, 05:52,
For whoever was asking about the PPE in use in Africa the other day - from the videos I've seen over the past few weeks, it looks like many of the hospital staff are using cheap plastic disposable suits, which they soak in bleach then wash at the end of the day for reuse. Thus no wonder so many medics etc have caught the virus!

Also, we have a neighbour who works for a company specializing in sourcing of ladies' fashion, mainly for the European market, and specially for the UK. After a week holiday, she went back to work last Wednesday and found 600 emails to deal with, with quite a few asking for PPE. She said the company has never provided these types of clothing before, but the fact that the importers are happy to get in huge amounts of gear ASAP, means they can charge top dollar.

he funny thing was that from the way she was talking, she had never heard of ebola before getting these emails, and then wondered why people would be buying stuff up, when it would be the govt's responsibility to keep the populace safe??
15 October 2014, 10:16,
And a second nurse in Dallas has been infected:

http://news.sky.com/story/1353393/ebola-...s-positive

What is going on over there?
15 October 2014, 10:20,
More importantly What is going on over here ?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...pital.html

15 October 2014, 10:48, (This post was last modified: 15 October 2014, 10:51 by Devonian.)
(15 October 2014, 10:20)NorthernRaider Wrote: More importantly What is going on over here ?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...pital.html

Sounds like we are ready to repeat the mistakes made in Dallas!!! What chance do we stand with these people in charge.
15 October 2014, 11:16,
If you want to protect yourself against Ebola then don't rely on the state, sort out your own preps. Preppers are being proactive towards the threat, the gumming is being reactive and screwing it up as they do with everything. But in this case the gum mints screw ups could cost lives.