Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebola confirmed in the US!
11 October 2014, 09:42, (This post was last modified: 11 October 2014, 09:45 by bigpaul.)
RE: Ebola confirmed in the US!
the problem is NOT some poor person living in a shack in West Africa who hasn't got the price of a bus ticket to the next town never mind a plane ticket to another continent! no, the problem as I see it is all these aid workers who go out there, at some point they will return home, what about the 750 British soldiers who are going out to build hospital there, will they be screened on their return? those are the problems NOT the poor who are dying in their thousands and will never see these shores.

ALSO what happens to these plastic hazard suits the workers are wearing? I assume they wear a new one each day/each shift, what happens to them when they remove them? I cant see some of these poor countries having a "clinical waste" incinerator??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 October 2014, 10:48,
BP most of the Haz suits type 4 you see in the news are actually chemically treated paper so hopefully they are burning them ? I hope Smile

11 October 2014, 10:54, (This post was last modified: 11 October 2014, 10:56 by RoadWarrior.)
I agree BP.....the personnel they are sending out...the army...the docs and nurses who are in close/direct contact have a big chance of bringing this virus back...and the Amerikkans are app sending 3 or 4 thousand over .... Its gonna spread like that when they return ....as the logistics of a quarantine is enormous !

NR...what's your thoughts on respirators as in those one that were paired with the NBC suits ??
11 October 2014, 11:07, (This post was last modified: 11 October 2014, 11:09 by bigpaul.)
(11 October 2014, 10:48)NorthernRaider Wrote: BP most of the Haz suits type 4 you see in the news are actually chemically treated paper so hopefully they are burning them ? I hope Smile

I hope so too NR but that was my question, does anyone know if this is the case and if not where are they disposing of them? the local tip?

(11 October 2014, 10:54)RoadWarrior Wrote: I agree BP.....the personnel they are sending out...the army...the docs and nurses who are in close/direct contact have a big chance of bringing this virus back...and the Amerikkans are app sending 3 or 4 thousand over .... Its gonna spread like that when they return ....as the logistics of a quarantine is enormous !

its these people who will bring the virus here,if anyone does RW, and they could live anywhere in this country, if they have it but its during the 21 day incubation period that's how it will spread into the general population. shades of the plague anyone??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 October 2014, 12:03,
Sierra Leone has apparently admitted defeat in the treatment of Ebola and is asking families to treat infected family members themselves at home!!!

Does that sound like a recipe for disaster and a start for a serious ramping up in the likely number of infections as the disease spreads within the entire families??

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/nat...815527.php
11 October 2014, 13:08,
If Sierra Leone has thrown in the towel you can be 100% sure bloody thousands of em will be heading across any and all borders to neighbouring countries AND...... AND many of em will be thinking 'Head for Europe / UK'

11 October 2014, 13:19,
IF they are infected how far will they get in 21 days with little or no money? not very far before they drop dead I would think.
11 October 2014, 13:39,
(11 October 2014, 13:19)bigpaul Wrote: IF they are infected how far will they get in 21 days with little or no money? not very far before they drop dead I would think.

But how many will simply try to leave the country before they even realise they are infected?? - The Dallas case is a prime example.

OK most probably cannot afford the cost of the plane tickets to the US/Europe, but there will be plenty who can.

However those who cannot afford the cost of flights will drive, walk, catch a bus, do whatever they can to get away from hot spots, that action will just spread the disease further and wider, so in 6 months, the disease could have spread across not only the whole of west Africa, but be widespread into North Africa, then thousands of infected persons could be a ferry ride or a fishing boat trip away from Europe......
11 October 2014, 14:02,
The Dallas case......that guy knew he was in contact with infected people ....
He wasn't showing any symptoms ..but knew he was probably infected ....
He lied on official airlines/customs paperwork to ensure he got back to the bad ole US of A.
Well he is fucking dead now and for doing what he did ...he deserved to die...hope it was worth it dumbass....
That's gonna be the case for a lot of these Africaan types...outta desperation... Stupidly thinking the rich western world will cure it....
I'm sure a bloke in a white coat at a certain gov lab in los Alamos may have some answers to a cure but we won't ever get it......
Desperate people do desperate things I know ....there will be hundreds more trying this in the coming weeks and months.......
11 October 2014, 14:17, (This post was last modified: 11 October 2014, 14:44 by bigpaul.)
in that case RW, we are looking at the "new plague" and the imminent collapse of society as we know it, make your plans if you haven't made them already and good luck, I will see you(maybe) after the holocaust.Big Grin

(11 October 2014, 13:39)Devonian Wrote: those who cannot afford the cost of flights will drive, walk, catch a bus, do whatever they can to get away from hot spots, that action will just spread the disease further and wider, so in 6 months, the disease could have spread across not only the whole of west Africa, but be widespread into North Africa, then thousands of infected persons could be a ferry ride or a fishing boat trip away from Europe......

sounds like the "zombies" are on the move.........................................