Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For The Bugging Out People
5 November 2014, 14:26,
RE: For The Bugging Out People
Slurping a cup of hot fresh Yank coffe I blagged I stood with my back to the window to catch a bit of late autumn sun. Suddenly a shadow fell across the window, turning around I spy a Mercedes sprinter van in Metalic blue with dark tinted wondows in the back.

Yup another Self Built camper van owner came for coffee. And naturally as with most folks who like their independdance we got around to prepping, we talked about the changing trend in UK preppers chosing to Bug In Rather than Bug Out.

Alice the vans owner says " Why chose in or out? " why not drive a van , camper van or mobile home then you can chose whether you want to bug in , out or go nomadic as the circumstances of the crisis plays out ???

Good point I think.

5 November 2014, 14:27,
whether anyone would turn up here after some event is I think very doubtful, especially if power is down and no road fuel, I'm 30+ miles from one city and over 40 from the other,(both over or around Dartmoor) that's a long walk for most people, and there are plenty of places for the "hoard" to pass through and get taken out one by one long before they get anywhere near here. if they did manage it, and that's a big if, we can either get out the back way on foot or more likely on bicycle, or if I still have fuel we can get out via the play park-it has 2 metal bollards with a padlock on each but that's no problem(boltcroppers!) and we are away past the cricket club!!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 November 2014, 15:05, (This post was last modified: 5 November 2014, 15:08 by Midnitemo.)
I like the idea of a BOV but being restricted to tarmac or at most light tracks I would find to restrictive...even if the bov was based on a 4 tonner or a landy I still don't think you'd have enough option's and I'd be to scared of having it taken from me with all my worldlies in it.

I have innadvertantly become the proud owner of a Honda NSC50r!!!!! this is my new BOV 140mpg!
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!