Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More comments on SMALL 4x4s
25 January 2012, 22:45,
RE: More comments on SMALL 4x4s
Huge vote of confidence in Suzuki Jimnis. I hired one on a holiday island a few years ago. That thing had 150k on the clock and had lived a hard hard life, but ir ran really sweetly never giving any probles whatsoever.

On return home, I decided to buy one as a BOV, but Mrs Lightspeed overruled me and we ended up with a Terios instead. Its a great little car but not a patch on the Jimni. Also beware that these small 4x4s consume as much fuel as full size 4x4s ( in fact the Terios's aerodynamica are so awful that on a run it is 10% more expensive to run than my old Landrover 10s!!!)
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

27 January 2012, 03:40,
Thanks for that Lightspeed. I am in the process of looking out for a decent Jimny. The official mpg figures give about 36 combined & 41.6 extra urban. If these figures are true, then thats not bad at all for a 4x4 and petrol at that. I recently sold my diesel 3.0autoToyota surf as that only did officially about 23mpg. I prob got about 25 driving gently. My old Hi-lift 3TDi manual Disco used to get about 30 if I gently blew on the accelerator. I want something that is reasonably economical, basic, comfortable enough to drive on roads and will do the job off it. Also the small 4x4's can fit down paths the others can't. Ok they don't carry anywhere near the same amount of kit, but that is what my lightweight trailer is for. I am hearing some v.good reports from garage mechanics & 4x4 enthusiasts about these Jimny's. Ta, TL.
27 January 2012, 15:20,
If you don't mind left hand Drive, there are deisel powered Jimnys available in Europe.

I'm not sure what motor they use. I think Peugeot.

A deisel powered Jimny with the right gearing and correct tyres should go on and on and on, just like Series 2a landrovers. :-)
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

27 January 2012, 16:23,
i do like Jimny's for their 4X4 capability but they cant carry enough gear in the back even if you take out the rear seats!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.