Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xmas Prepping Gifts
19 November 2014, 16:30,
Xmas Prepping Gifts
So it's that time of year again (sigh!) Rolleyes

What prepping related gifts would you consider giving to friends or family to maybe get them thinking a little more about prepping.....?

And, what is on your wish list, that "you" would love to receive as a gift? (prepping related!)
19 November 2014, 16:50,
RE: Xmas Prepping Gifts
I have been at this for a long time. Everyone in the "family and friends" system is either on board or is never going to get on board.

For the ones that are prepping, camping, hunting, fishing, I know what they want or what they are in need of. that is what they get.

The ones not on board get an ugly sweater with a reindeer on the front and a red LED in its nose.
19 November 2014, 18:47,
I only buy presents for the wife, everybody else just gets a Christmas card.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 November 2014, 18:59,
We normally give home made preserves , pickles , biscuits and a knife.. a small torch ......even if they do not prep. You should see the reactions , i would love to have a piece of ground with an underground shelter , fully equipped and ready to go.......i have sent my wish list to santa in march....but he keeps on sending me Boots, pullovers , socks, and waterproof coats.
19 November 2014, 20:11,
(19 November 2014, 18:59)Straight Shooter Wrote: but he keeps on sending me Boots, pullovers , socks, and waterproof coats.

Hey, you can't have too many socks.
19 November 2014, 20:28,
last year the males got a victorinox Spartan(bought a job lot shade over a tenner each) and the girls/ladies got a swiss card (again an end of line job lot £7.49 each...all black ones...think the girls would have preferred coloured ones)
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
19 November 2014, 21:34,
(19 November 2014, 18:59)Straight Shooter Wrote: We normally give home made preserves , pickles , biscuits and a knife.. a small torch ......even if they do not prep.

Maybe you could build on last years gifts and this year give them a fire steel and a cheap tarp, the look on their faces would then surely be worth it Big Grin

(19 November 2014, 18:59)Straight Shooter Wrote: I would love to have a piece of ground with an underground shelter , fully equipped and ready to go.......

I think there maybe a few more of us with that on our wish lists Cool
20 November 2014, 19:14,
Swisscards are ace, I've used mine loads.