Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I like this article
21 November 2014, 16:57,
RE: I like this article
and start charging the drunken teenagers that clog up A&E that need their stomachs pumped every weekend for what in effect is a self imposed condition.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 November 2014, 16:59,
I think even Barney knows at hand as does Scythe that if I found them in need in this area I would do my best to help, even if I did make Barney sleep in the Kennel whilst his family came indoors Smile

21 November 2014, 17:07,
yes but you know Barney and Scythe would make themselves useful, cant say the same about Sheeple who cant be bothered.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 November 2014, 17:13,
I have slept in worse places ,my first bedsit comes to mind
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
21 November 2014, 18:23,
Cannot possibly be as grotty as my room in the old YMCA where I ended up as a 17 year old homeless teen Smile

21 November 2014, 18:36, (This post was last modified: 21 November 2014, 18:36 by Barneyboy.)
there was ice on the inside of the windows ,had to move my bed to the one corner that didn't have dripping water in pots ,on the bright side when it rained the drip drip drip hitting the pots used to send me to sleep Smile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
21 November 2014, 19:53,
Ok yours was grottier, mine was full of druggies and alcs Smile

21 November 2014, 20:15,
try a bedsit in a basement, no windows, light on all the time, damp walls, wallpaper peeling-only way I kept the paper on the wall was by stapling it and then the staples went rusty, had to tape the electric socket to the wall-it was falling off, it was so bad it brought my asthma back, in the end the council condemned it and I got council flat no 1.
22 November 2014, 09:36,
I don't know how I would react if people turned up on my doorstep I would probably go with my gut feeling at the time, but I'm fairly sure that in a shtf situation I will have people knocking on my door as there a fair few of my acquaintances through work and youth groups I'm involved with, that are well aware of the kind of skill sets I've got and one or two have even said as much, only close like minded friends have any idea that I'm a prepper and even less if any have any idea of the kind of supplies I have stored away.

If anything ever does happen and I see it coming we will have bugged out to a more secluded location, but chances are and Murphies law states I will probably be in a bug in situation knowing full well sooner or later I will have the local sheeple to deal with.

I'm strong believe in living a self reliant and sustainable life style and often use permaculture design tools to find solutions, one little mantra is that "The solution is in the problem" ie. if you have masses of slugs eating your cabbage plants the problem is not that you have too many slugs but a lack of ducks to eat the slugs, Why fight a never ending problem when you can get some one else to do the dirty work for you.
That in mind the one thing you can be sure of in the UK if the s truly htf is that there is going to be enormous numbers of desperate people in very short order and if the ones local to you even get a whiff of an idea that you have stuff that they need you can bet your last tin of beans they will be smashing down your front door regardless of your 12 gauge or crossbow, and even if you manage to turn away the first few attempts how long can you fend off the ever more desperate?

So what is the point of defending a years supply of food and equipment if you get burned out and killed after three months of fending of all comers, alternatively you could sacrifice a portion of your stores and invest it in some of those sheeple, use your knowledge and skills to put yourself in a position of influence or leadership and make use of them to expand and augment the defences, heck you could end up with a community of people working and surviving together post shtf, or at worst in the face of an in defendable threat use them as cannon fodder whilst you and yours escape out the back door!

The down side of course is they could see a little of what you have and stab you in the back on day one and take it all for themselves.
22 November 2014, 10:02,
(22 November 2014, 09:36)T-oddity Wrote: The down side of course is they could see a little of what you have and stab you in the back on day one and take it all for themselves.

that's the bottom line for me, and its why I practise OPSEC-at least as far as the local sheeple go- nobody knows what I have around here and I have no intension of telling them!!