Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urban prepping FOOTWEAR?
23 November 2014, 13:46,
RE: Urban prepping FOOTWEAR?
I second the hard toe work boot. Mine are fitted with Sorbothane insoles that absorb a lot of shock. Some types have a thin layer of steel that runs under the insole and helps prevent nails from penetrating to your foot.
23 November 2014, 14:24,
for many years I lived in ex army boots-easily available from surplus shops, but many people unused to them might find them a bit heavy, wife has a pair of Cadet boots she swears by, I have several pairs of DM's and CAT boots, for every day wear and driving I wear Mercury MX2 walking boots(available on Ebay).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 November 2014, 16:01,
Yeah i have to admit that i think german para boots are the dogs bollox
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
23 November 2014, 16:20,
I have a lovely pair of German Para's from the 80's but the left one squeaks when the sole flex's .... does my swede in .... been threatening to get them re-soled even though the current soles are almost brand new in the hope it might cure that bloody squeak...NR given where you live I'm very surprised you don't wear Alt Berg's , you live close enough to go and be measured up at the factory , and they are like wearing slippers when you have them fitted.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
23 November 2014, 16:23,
Had of the shelf Altbergs but not keen on the fit, Berghaus, Magnum, Saloman etc seem to suit my hooves better.

23 November 2014, 16:38,
I think it was £30 surcharge the last pair of Alt Bergs I had to be made to measure ... they lasted 12 years and had 4 re soles at the factory before the uppers gave up the ghost , they were awesome at the time they were my "workboots" in effect and I spent many thousands of hours in em in all environment's....I can honestly say they were the most comfy thing I have ever had on my(odd sized) feet
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
23 November 2014, 16:49,
Trying to think of which pair of boots lasted me the longest, and I think that probably it was a pair of Danner Arcadias I blagged in the US decades ago.