Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
your bank account
6 December 2014, 10:01,
RE: your bank account
(5 December 2014, 21:15)Midnitemo Wrote: .if you rent then people will periodically come round to check you're not trashing the place/sub letting/breaking the term's of your lease/check you're smoke alarms.....

you have got to be joking! in the five years we have lived here we have had ONE visit from HA.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 December 2014, 11:27,
Up here the HA visits many new tenants every six months for the first few years, and they also sometimes apply a probationary period for tenants they suspect may behave antisocially. If you break their rules you are out and disqualified from being rehoused.

6 December 2014, 11:56,
my local housing ass , first gives you a 1yr then a 5yr then a longer one they don't do life time ones anymore .
Survive the jive (youtube )
6 December 2014, 12:14,
most people in HA property know to keep their noses clean, heads down and don't make trouble, in the 5 years we have been here there has only been one problem family and that was "domestics" and they moved on long ago. I have been a council then an HA tenant for 23 years(in 3 different properties) although I do notice that some new HA lets are now for a fixed period only.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 December 2014, 14:08,
A member of my group is a housing officer for the local housing assosciation who bought the majority of the Wirral's social housing from the council...she tell's me there is a system off checks in place which means you should be visited at least once a year by an agent for the assosciation...general check/maintainence checks/gas safety check/ smoke and carbon monoxide check in addition there are further checks in place if you are considered vulnerable/at risk or have been subject to a complaint.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
6 December 2014, 14:24,
apart from checking the (wired in) smoke alarms once a year, that is done by an electrician sub contractor not a housing officer, we are having an electrical check-circuit board and sockets, in the new year, but that's the first time in 5 years. we had the outside painted a couple of years but that was on a rolling maintenance contract and that was a "yoof" with the stickiest most gummed up brush doing a "lick and a promise" one coat. we really need a new front door(panels are leaking) and we need new windows(double glazing has failed on several) but they wont do anything.
6 December 2014, 14:50, (This post was last modified: 6 December 2014, 14:51 by NorthernRaider.)
Rightly so Mo, cos if the boiler went tits up or the detectors failed or something they would be wide open for prosecution

Which reminds me our Smoke and CO 2 detectors must be about ten years old now, I need to change them, Of course being an evil capitalist home owner I will have to pay for them myself. Smile

6 December 2014, 15:02,
was just pointing out opsec can be a little compromised with all these potential visitors....mine need looking at too...damn it more expense.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
6 December 2014, 15:17,
Damn good point mo, if the inspections are thorough and they check out every rooms ( sockets, smoke alarmsm, thermostats, light fittings, radiators) tenants preps really need to be out of sight.

14 February 2015, 17:03,
its one of the reasons I keep my preps out of sight , renting means you have to let folk in weather you like it or not
Survive the jive (youtube )