Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
feel safe...?
30 November 2014, 10:29,
RE: feel safe...?
I lived in a city for 43 years but I'm everso glad I left(thanks Jane) and we now live on the very edge of a very small market town surrounded by fields of livestock and for the most its sooooo quiet, peaceful and virtually crime free. I would never go back to living in a city ever again.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 November 2014, 10:44,
Problem is though that for some of us the Cities are coming to us
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...me-UK.html

Politically, Socially or Environmentally either way you look at it all these people pouring unchecked into this already grossly over crowded country is a complete and unmitigated disaster.

30 November 2014, 11:34,
NR, thanks for picking up on that.....it was exactly the point I was making.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

30 November 2014, 11:51,
there is nothing we can do about that, that is politics and social engineering, all we can do is to watch the situation and monitor events and act accordingly. I can say though that we didn't just pick this location out of a hat, we thought long and hard about where to move to when we wanted to come home, a lot of places were discounted because of this or that reason and I think we picked the best location for ease of access to the countryside, low population, weather, climate,low crime, distance from "urban population centres", downside is we have to travel further to access larger supermarkets and stores. its not for everybody, if someone likes dining out, going to the theatre, even cinemas are a long journey away, then don't move to a rural area, depends what they want in life, but from a prepping/survival point of view I think we made the right choice.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 November 2014, 14:01,
im the same bp , you soon learn if you run out of something and end up paying a arm and a leg for it in some little shop , I don't even think about it now , just do it , its not hard.

I do get some odd looks in supermarkets buying whole trays of red kidneyy beans ect ect .Rolleyes
Survive the jive (youtube )
30 November 2014, 14:26,
I have 2 motto's Sunna: 1. buy it when you SEE it not when you need it(by the time you need it its no longer in the shop). 2. its better on my shelves than on the supermarket shelves( nearest large supermarket is a 50 mile round trip).
30 November 2014, 20:00,
While I believe that fears of another American Civil War are unfounded, “The natives are becoming restless….”

Watch the video, then read the book review. If enough people buy into the conspiracy theories this is truly scary.

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/11/28/dev...anksgiving

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014...n-proceed/

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
5 December 2014, 01:42,
When the law makers are the law breakers there is no law!
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.