Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
feel safe...?
29 November 2014, 12:53,
RE: feel safe...?
so nobody from big citys on here then , me thinks theirs would be a different tale indeed.

off topic [ no need to say sorry dev I took it like a man ] [ white one] Tongue
Survive the jive (youtube )
29 November 2014, 12:59,
(29 November 2014, 10:58)Devonian Wrote: http://www.crime-statistics.co.uk/postcode

"Error: We couldn't find the location you were searching for."

No crime recorded at all, which doesn't surprise me, I checked it on the police website before I moved here. In contrast, the post code of my ex house in Kent shows 212 crimes in September.

So, I feel pretty safe here.
29 November 2014, 14:06,
THE POLICE......are just like us....... normal people , but they deal every day with shit,scum,drugs, and the extreme of all human behaviour ....we can walk away ...we complain....they Have to stay and deal with it , and actually deal with it , its hard not to take this home and run over into their home life. Do i love the Police ....fu.. no but just remember who you call when you need something done, you may have to wait a bit...but they will come...CUTS affect us all ....just remember that when you have the opportunity to DO something about it .....rather than just complaining and bleating about how shit they are, you can do plenty in your own humble way VOTE use it.....your only other option is to rebel ,the later would mean you have to get off your arse and do a bit of work to achieve something........thought so.........voting is less stressfull...the fruits of many men and women giving all they have and will ever have their LIVES. Yes i feel safe where i am now , wtshtf i wiil NOT.
29 November 2014, 14:19,
SS I ended up moving out of Teesside in part BECAUSE of the police, I dialled 999 at 6.47 on a Wednesday evening to report a srrious crime going on that I believed directly threatened my wife and child. The Police eventually turned up at 9PM the following Sunday.

29 November 2014, 14:35,
Fair enough NR .....so what do you think should be done.....what did you say when they arrived ....more to the point what did they say? after reflecting back on this....what would you propose be done .....this is not a go at you at all.....i am interested .
29 November 2014, 14:36,
the last time I had direct contact with the police was 18 years ago, mate had his bike(motorcycle) torched by jealous ex of female he was with, we all piled down and lay in wait but the barsteward bottled out, neighbours called the cops, they thought I had a sawn off(I didn't but it was a good bluff though), haven't had contact with police since that day and have no wish to, don't trust the modern copper they are only in it for promotion not the service to the public like the old time plod or so I've been told.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 November 2014, 15:05,
SS the Problem with the Police TODAY is they are TARGET FOCUSSED, Very often sadly (but not always) not very brave as we saw when the cops on the scene when Lee Rigby was butchered hid round the corner until armed cops turned up, or when it was left to the public to wade into an ornamental pond to try and drag out a disabled chap whose wheelchair had fallen in the cops refusing to go in because they had not been trained. In both cases the PUBLIC had to step in where the police would not.

Todays police are politically correct, diverse, inclusive and in touch with their feelings about minorities, what many of them also are is devoid of common sense, incapable of thinking for themselves, very often very slight and weedy physically as well.

I think of JC De Menezes being murdered by the cops, or the elderly disabled blind gentleman in Derby TAZORED by the cops because they could not distinguish between Samouri Sword and a white stick

Theres another case where some nut had shot some people at a family BBQ and even though neighbours ran to help and repeatedly told the police the gunman had gone the police waited outside the area for back up.

Here we have a MAJOR issue with vehicles racing up through our village at high speed a recent electronic survey showed 28,500 cars out of 50,000 in one week sped in excess of 40 mph in a 30 MPH area where old folks homes and primary schools are located. The Police say they do not have the resources to run a speed check campaign to ID and Prosecute these speeding idiots. BUT those same police DO have the resources to deploy at least twice a week Two Police Patrol Cars and THREE Police motorcycles to the A19 and A 689 near thid village to help VOSA catch tax dodgers and red diesel users.

Equally as we have seen in multiple towns recently the police are terrified of offending the muslim communities to a point Asian paedaphiles have been able to abuse children for over a decade and the police KNEW about the abuse and did NOTHING.

It was the ACPO and the Police Federation who pressured the Home Officer over many years to make private gun ownership for self defence or protection of property illegal, They also demanded that Batons, Stun Guns, CS sprays, pepper Sprays, Kubutans etc were not allowed to be own by law abiding citizens to protect themselves, families and property. Yet they have consistently FAILED to protect the public from attack, robbery, mugging, violent home intrusions etc.

So the Cops are armed to the teeth but not doing the job, the Politicians are protected by armed bodyguards, criminals can get guns easily thanks to our open borders and the terrorists are amed to the teeth. But the general law abiding public at large are simply left as victims in waiting.

Look at the Tottenham Riots in London, a few hundred ethnic thugs incited riot and arson and looting attacks, the Met Police who numbered 32,000 at that time
WITHDREW the police officers for THEIR protection in places for nearly 3 days. This left the public, shop owners, small businesses etc to look after themselves.

I put it to you that not only is our POLITICAL system no longer fit for purpose but nor is our Law and Justice systems either.

29 November 2014, 15:12,
the problem with the police is they are REACTIVE to crime not PROACTIVE, by that I mean, they only react once a crime is committed, they do not prevent crime in any shape or form.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 November 2014, 15:21, (This post was last modified: 29 November 2014, 15:29 by NorthernRaider.)
When I was a kid our coppers had to (A) be over 6 ft tall and have had Military service (B) had to Live in the community they served © the Sergeant or the Inspector would decided whether to prosecute a felon or to give local immediate justice, They always said time after time after time THEY WERE PART OF THE COMMUNITY AND SERVED THE COMMUNITY. Todays cops serve only targets, politicians or their own political agendas. if you were over 13 and under 65 if you mouth off at a copper or did something stupid like swear at the vicar or nick stuff from the corner shop you got a face full of knuckles and did not do it again.

But then again we peasants in the villages could buy a shotgun licence for 50 pence from the Post Office and buy a Biakal shotgun for £70 from the hardware shop and guess what (A) Burglaries were non existant and (B) we did not go around shooting each other.

I cannot help but think about those days of my youth deemed today to be dangerous, uncivilised, unsuitable for children when kids my age would have their own 410 shotguns, bsa airsport air rifles, fishing kit, snares etc for pest control, food catching etc, and non of us every suddenly decided to shoot anyone else.

29 November 2014, 15:32,
why do cops become , sirs , have honours , so they tow the line.

cops have always done as their told , tell them to work the way we want not some out of touch pc grease ball from westminister.
Survive the jive (youtube )