Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF the SHTF what would the govt provide?
3 December 2014, 17:00,
RE: IF the SHTF what would the govt provide?
All the Green Godesses and Austin champs got flogged off or scrapped.

3 December 2014, 17:53,
I thought that was probably the case, so no back ups in an emergency then, thought not.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 December 2014, 18:00,
YET ( and PLEASE guys this is not a political dig) we manage to give away over £12 billion pounds in foreign aid for disaster relief in other countries, yet we have no reserves for ourselves, which is all the more reason we should be prepping and planning.

3 December 2014, 18:04,
and I do not see any "foreign aid" coming our way from other countries in a disaster, not even the EU despite paying £55 million per day to be part of the "club", so keep those preps coming folks.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 December 2014, 19:29,
Sweet FA I should imagine!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
4 December 2014, 00:03,
Didn't the flooding at Boscastle take almost all of the UK's available helicopters for rescuing people? I'm sure I heard that one somewhere. I agree with NR; the cold war mentality to preparedness, from the government's point of view, is long gone.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
4 December 2014, 09:24,
Yup during the Boscastle event it drew in at the time all available rescue equipped helicopters ( winches etc) available on that day for all of Englad and Wales ( Five I think RAF / CG etc)

4 December 2014, 10:10,
and that is just one event, imagine if it was a national catastrophe! I wonder just how much help you would imagine your own areas would get, very little I imagine as any resources the govt still had left would be swamped with calls for help, I expect only the rich areas where they pay more tax and are "friends" of the govt will get any help.