Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why are the forums so quiet.
8 December 2014, 17:59,
RE: why are the forums so quiet.
all the forums are quiet , not just this one ,the only one with any real action is p2s .....

so question , whats p2s got that suk has not , their my friends is the answer....

copy and improve .... easy
Survive the jive (youtube )
8 December 2014, 18:02,
Dunno if that is such a good idea many of the other forums were set up by people who were sick of how P2S was ran.

9 December 2014, 06:10,
The main page (which I think is the only place to sign up?) being down for so long probably didn't help.

I also had trouble trying to sign up earlier in the year, as I filled in the form in and submitted twice, and never got a reply. I was only able to finally sign-up when I found SD's email address. Maybe worth trying to see whether the "Contact Us" form is actually working?
9 December 2014, 08:04,
Well as I had no reply from SD to remove me from this list, as yet, and I am still signed in I thought I would reply.
The question I believe was why are the forums so quiet.
The fact that use forums is I assume because you are signed up to many forums.
One of my reasons for joining this one was that it was UK.
But we appear to get a lot of political/welfare posts that then just go on and on and are really nothing to do with what you call prepping.
I often wonder why we now see ourselves as preppers, I was always a survivalist, so why change the name. Probably because preppers generally only consider the short term view.
But what with all this political/ welfare stuff which keeps going round and there appears to be alack of The Mods.
But there you go.
May be SD will kindly remove me, that will stop me wasting my time typing answers like this.
Now you lot have fun and get down to typing your responses and that will keep this site going. Have a nice day.
9 December 2014, 12:06,
John, with regards to the lack of moderation, I think you'd be surprised at how many posts/threads are closed or deleted, but at the same time I'm sure none of us want a heavily moderated forum, a light touch is best in helping to keep the discussions moving. We are all adults and also we all see different issues, and whilst we all acknowledge that the political/welfare discussions became too much, they have now been drawn right back, but also there is some relevance to the discussions as these issues may eventually be the cause of problems that impact upon us all.