Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Police withdrawn for own safety
9 December 2014, 13:14,
RE: Police withdrawn for own safety
"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."

--Goering at the Nuremberg Trials

So believe what you will
9 December 2014, 14:00,
I wonder if that would work these days, that was written 70 years ago, nobody these days trusts what any politician says any more, look at the contempt that Tony B. Liar is held in by most of the population.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 December 2014, 14:19,
(9 December 2014, 14:00)bigpaul Wrote: I wonder if that would work these days, that was written 70 years ago, nobody these days trusts what any politician says any more, look at the contempt that Tony B. Liar is held in by most of the population.

Yep I agree with BP, the UK and most other countries are not the same as they were 40, 50, 60 or 70 years ago, the people do not respect authority like our grand parents did, we also have immediate access to so much more information from so many different and varied sources that people tend to make up their own minds, but also there are now far more differing opinions, we don't all think in the same way as perhaps old generations did.
9 December 2014, 14:24,
you only have to go back a few weeks , old war vets attacked on way to poppy day .
poppy day collector , a young cadet attacked this is not made up , at the same time firemen attacked , white familys attacked all in the same areas.

to me its like the start of the [spelling] interfada in gaza , this is only going to get worse never better.

some on diffo took the p out of me for going on about race war , sooner or later that's whats going to happen.

we need the balls to talk openly about this and not be pc about it and face the truth its coming .
Survive the jive (youtube )
9 December 2014, 14:41,
hell, I thought there was going to be a race war in the UK ever since 9/11 and 7/7, and I still think so!!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 December 2014, 14:48,
Society is very different today, I think, nay I know that if a big war broke out today and the government tried to call up our children to fight WW3 they would get told to F off by everyone in no uncertain terms.

9 December 2014, 15:15,
(9 December 2014, 14:48)NorthernRaider Wrote: Society is very different today, I think, nay I know that if a big war broke out today and the government tried to call up our children to fight WW3 they would get told to F off by everyone in no uncertain terms.

Quite right NR, and I heartily agree. Fighting and dying for politicians lies is a sad waste of life, and you can be damn certain their children won't be dying in the mud, blood and shit will they. The younger generation are more educated and switched on to buy into their bullshit en masse. Imagine going back in time and showing our countrymen that ran up the beaches in Normandy what their country would be turned into by politicians, I wonder how many thought it was worth it?
9 December 2014, 15:20,
I don't think any of the old boys still alive think its worth it when you see what this country is like, we even have councils removing the Christ from Christmas in case of offending other religions,(I'm a Pagan and I'm not offended- I KNOW there are other religions) my grand dad who served at the Somme would be spinning in his grave !
9 December 2014, 15:55,
I served in the army and TA, my dad was in the army, so was his dad and his dad before that, There is no fooking way on earth I would not allow my son to fight for this shithole of a country.

9 December 2014, 16:41,
My Uncle Tommy was in the Royal Navy, and my Grandad was an RSM in the Black watch and they were proud to serve because they believed the country was worth fighting for. The thing is I love my part of the Shire, and I'll always be an Englishman at heart, and having experienced some of the Worlds less developed countries I am very glad I was born here even though I like a damn good moan about the old Girl.