Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anybody seen my wife?
21 December 2014, 16:44,
RE: Has anybody seen my wife?
(18 December 2014, 11:50)Midnitemo Wrote: Everytime someone mentions log burner/wood stove I pinch my self very hard.....I bought my house and gutted it to renovate and in my stupidity I fitted a big showpiece living flame gas fire....cost a shit load to do including new flue and cap and the cost of the fire....could've got a really good woodstove/log burner/range for about the same money.....doh! hindsight eh!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing Midnight!

Question is, are you happy with the living flame fire you installed, and how much do you actually need a multi-fuel burner? Just because your choice cost a lot of money, does not mean you are locked into it.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

22 December 2014, 02:59,
I'd love to swap it out but there are other thing's that urgently need my attention/money before I get round to it.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
22 December 2014, 09:18,
You're not alone there Midnight, the longer I do this, the more I realise that my life revolves around ever changing prioritised lists.

Identifying the issue is the important part. Next finding a solution that fits personal circumstances and requirements. Only then can it get prioritised.

Logically, if you want an in house, plumbed in combustion stove fitted by now, its too late for this winter, so planning wise it can be left to next summer without compromising you any further.

But if I had the spare cash I would certainly be considering one of those Frontier stoves as a tide me over measure. Put one in store straight away ( along with fuel of course) and you'll have heating, cooking and water sterilization covererd off straight away. If you do go the full nine yards next year and get a larger unit installed permanently, the Frontier can be held in reserve, or I bet you could sell it on to someone here at SUK without taking too big a loss on your investment.

BTW our set up here relies heavily on out multi-fuel stove, so we have spares for it, along with two fully functioning backups.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

22 December 2014, 09:18,
You're not alone there Midnight, the longer I do this, the more I realise that my life revolves around ever changing prioritised lists.

Identifying the issue is the important part. Next finding a solution that fits personal circumstances and requirements. Only then can it get prioritised.

Logically, if you want an in house, plumbed in combustion stove fitted by now, its too late for this winter, so planning wise it can be left to next summer without compromising you any further.

But if I had the spare cash I would certainly be considering one of those Frontier stoves as a tide me over measure. Put one in store straight away ( along with fuel of course) and you'll have heating, cooking and water sterilization covererd off straight away. If you do go the full nine yards next year and get a larger unit installed permanently, the Frontier can be held in reserve, or I bet you could sell it on to someone here at SUK without taking too big a loss on your investment.

BTW our set up here relies heavily on out multi-fuel stove, so we have spares for it, along with two fully functioning backups.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

22 December 2014, 15:10,
ny current emergency fuel is bottled/caned gas.....I think a portable stove would be a prudent addition....I have access to lots of free wood through work so it really does make sense.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!