Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PING Tartar Horde
18 December 2014, 21:42,
RE: PING Tartar Horde
Regarding the above discussion I direct everyone interested to read the comments.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1250591
18 December 2014, 22:11,
Point made and accepted.

18 December 2014, 22:29,
(18 December 2014, 21:42)Tartar Horde Wrote: Regarding the above discussion I direct everyone interested to read the comments.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1250591

(18 December 2014, 22:11)NorthernRaider Wrote: Point made and accepted.

Make me think a SGC or FAC is far safer and the better option! Big Grin
18 December 2014, 22:32, (This post was last modified: 18 December 2014, 22:43 by NorthernRaider.)
Naaaa I love my compound bow Smile when I get better with it I want one of those ultra short Compounds with parallel limbs

This is the same model that I am learning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv6AiqeftUI

19 December 2014, 05:23,
Gorgeous bow Tartar.I do like the Mongolian style of bow but I've never tried using a thumb ring I'm very much a three finger guy,back to the compound discussion.I have owned three compounds in my life,two Barnetts and for a very brief time a Hoyt (can't remember the model name) The two Barnetts both had the old fashioned round cams and the Hoyt had ellipticals.
The Barnetts though powerful for their time still felt very smooth.The Hoyt was an absolute speed demon and would deeply imbed arrows into my target (so much so that retrieval was a pain in the arse).

I've read the link you posted and I'm going to backtrack somewhat . For older or lighter draw traditional round cams I still would not hesitate to use wood,but for higher poundage modern twin or single cam ellipticals I would say definitely not.

Which is what you pretty much said at the start I should have kept my gob shutBlush
19 December 2014, 10:31,
The two Banshees we have are round cams the Genesis is one round and one elliptical !!! I'll play safe.

19 December 2014, 10:55, (This post was last modified: 19 December 2014, 11:16 by Tartar Horde.)
To really get the most from your compounds modern shafts are the way to go. If I had one I would use sighting systems and a trigger release, the full monty. Wooden shafts will never match the tolerances of Alloy/Carbon. They will be virtually identical in weight and spine, something Wood shafts can never equal. With a set up like this your compounds will be very accurate, and to be honest that's what it's all about.

(18 December 2014, 22:32)NorthernRaider Wrote: Naaaa I love my compound bow Smile when I get better with it I want one of those ultra short Compounds with parallel limbs

This is the same model that I am learning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv6AiqeftUI

That's a very capable bow NR, with a good sighting system and a little practice you should be very accurate. Don't forget it's all about the arrows mate. Any bow is only as good as the arrows shot out of it, to quote ISHI the American Indian
"any stick can make a bow, but it takes a damn good stick to make an arrow", this guy shot Wooden shafts so he understood how hard it is to get a good set of matched shafts. Modern shafts are sooo much easier to shoot and get good results with. But i like the pain and misery so will stick with Natural. It's one reason I shoot Bamboo shafts as I believe they are better than Wood.
7 January 2015, 11:47,
TH both your E mail and PM systems are full and not accepting messages.

7 January 2015, 12:15,
(7 January 2015, 11:47)NorthernRaider Wrote: TH both your E mail and PM systems are full and not accepting messages.

MMM just checked them NR and both are ok with no new mails or anything, try again mate.