Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Storm Juno
19 February 2015, 20:26,
RE: Storm Juno
And there in lies the problem with the amount of co2 we are dumping into the atmosphere it isn't going to be a consistent change.
19 February 2015, 20:54,
Climate change is real, the evidence is overwhelming.
20 February 2015, 11:23,
climate change is very real and has been going on for millions of years, it's nothing new. The modern cult of "global warming" is nothing but a political tool backed by powerful media outlets as an excuse to tax you more, and control more more of your lives through organisations and directives like "Bio diversity" "Local area 21" and a host of other influences. It is bullshit.
20 February 2015, 18:17, (This post was last modified: 20 February 2015, 18:23 by Mortblanc.)
I do not know haw you folks calculate wind chill factor over there, but there has been a strange thing take place over here with those particular numbers.

They have changed the calculation to make the "wind chill" warmer!!

Same temperature, same wind speed, warmer numbers now than in the past.

However, they have not recalculated to historic numbers, so the wind chill of 1960 appears much colder than that of this year's recordings for the exact same conditions. Making the records show a warming trend even when temps and wind speed are the same!

I even have a site that gives both old and new calculations.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/windchill.htm

I also really have enjoyed the claim the last years' work temp average was "up". I read the numbers and they claim the temp was up by .003 degrees.

I do not know about you guys but I do not own a thermometer that measures .003 degree variations. In fact, I have never seen an official weather station, and I have one near my home, that has a thermometer that measures that precisely!

At any rate, we have broken low temp records for the past week.

Another 3-5 inches of snow headed our way tonight.
27 February 2015, 17:39,
I had lunch with some friends yesterday and the discussion turned to the fact that we have met for the past three weeks with the same snowpack on the ground.

The original snowfall has accumulated three or four additional storms on top of the frozen and packed mass and now the refrozen crust will support the weight of a man without buckling. We have another storm forecast and the ground cover will be increased.

Get out your furs and skin clothes, chipped stone tools and fire hardened spears, the glaciation has begun!!!
27 February 2015, 17:47,
(27 February 2015, 17:39)Mortblanc Wrote: Get out your furs and skin clothes, chipped stone tools and fire hardened spears, the glaciation has begun!!!

+10C here thanks Wink

Bearly had a frost all winter.
27 February 2015, 19:26,
Yep nice and warm here too, T shirt weather today out in the woods Smile
27 February 2015, 20:51,
Lovely day here today; blue skies and sunshine. I wish it would make up its mind.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
28 February 2015, 11:01,
(27 February 2015, 17:39)Mortblanc Wrote: Get out your furs and skin clothes, chipped stone tools and fire hardened spears, the glaciation has begun!!!

I'm all ready Mort, been praying for the return of the Mammoth for years now.
28 February 2015, 14:19,
-13 degs. C when I took my morning walk at 7 am.

Determined not to be a "couch potato" this winter, so as long as wind is insignificant, the silk base layers, CPO shirt, wool sweater, watch cap, anorak, sweat pants, gloves and boots go on and I go out. Must say that that tea tastes better when sitting in front of the woodstove 1/2 hour later, and that returning to a warm house afterwards is most pleasant.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA