Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Storm Juno
28 February 2015, 18:00,
RE: Storm Juno
How long has it been since you saw the ground Charles?

We are close enough together that the weather systems pass over you about 12 house after they hit me.

Occasionally you sill get one coming up from the south that I do not get but this year has been very consistent.

We have another system headed in this afternoon which is supposed to dump another 3-5 inches on us tonight.

You guys in GB just "think" global warming is in effect, the rest of the northern hemisphere is frozen solid!

My sister, 600 miles south, now has snow cover so there is white on the weather map nearly from the Gulf of Mexico to the North Pole.

For you in GB that is equal to saying there is snow from Benghazi in North Africa to the north Pole.
28 February 2015, 18:09,
Oh the joys of basking in the Gulf stream that keeps this island Snow free for most of the Winter. To be born English is to win the lottery of lifeBig Grin
28 February 2015, 20:17,
We haven't had a great amount of snow this year, 22cm since the start of the New Year, which is normal. February has been cold, so the snow has persisted, we last saw the ground about a month ago. It didn't really turn cold until then, which is also normal. The high temperature expected today is -2C with more snow expected tonight, with a warming trend Sunday changing to sleet mixed with rain. Our elevation in the Back Creek Valley of Glengary, WV (postcode 25421) is 352m AMSL, on he west slope below Great North Mountain, just inside the Berkeley County line from Morgan County.

If you are familiar with the flight path into the Eastern WV Regional Airport, tracking inbound from the west on the Martinburg VOR takes you right over the house. On drill weekends we enjoy the "Sounds of Freedom" from the C17 transport aircraft of the 167th AW and can hear small arms fire from Peacemaker National Training Center which is nearby.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
4 March 2015, 21:04,
We have something happening at the moment that I have never experiences before.

We have snow flakes falling that are so big I can hear them hit the roof!

Yesterday the temp rose to nearly 50 and we had rain. The rain was warmer than the snow pack so as the drops hit the ground steam rose up creating and invection fog that covered the ground, limited visibility to only a few yards and swirled in cyclones and currents before ones' eyes. The entire world was white and gray and swirling in a vertigo that blended ground and sky. I had never seen that either.

It was freaky!!!
5 March 2015, 19:46,
We have 20cm of new snow this am with more coming down. No whiteour conditions, but some ground fog.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
6 March 2015, 00:59,
Woke up with a foot on the ground.

Swept off the Jeep and drove to town for lunch. Nothing screams survival like shrimp and lobster with a side of cold slaw and all the hot coffee you can drink.

It has stayed in the -10c range here all day but has been clear and sunny.

I think you are getting this harder than we are Charles, the front has stalled over you. East KY got it bad too.
6 March 2015, 15:19,
Up at six spent the morning in the woods with my new Bow, 50+ degrees blue sky now, going to sit in the garden and have a cuppa niiiice.
Get that Snowman made Mort lol.
6 March 2015, 16:41,
Snow men are an art form I do not participate in.

In fact, the children in this part of the climate zone do not do much play in the snow and get quite sick of being trapped inside by the cold white stuff.

I was out a week or two ago when this mess first arrived cruising around in the wildlife management area, looking for tracks. Even the animals stay home and wait for spring around here. The deer have abandoned their normal movement patterns, everything that can hibernate has done so and I even have the local bird population on life support.

My chickens will not even leave their shelter! They have been hiding inside for weeks.

You folks need some real weather to toughen you up!
6 March 2015, 16:44,
heck...is it spring already???Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 March 2015, 17:32,
(6 March 2015, 16:44)bigpaul Wrote: heck...is it spring already???Big GrinBig Grin

Yep, t-shirt weather today and the rest of the weekend Smile