Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defending my home against intruders
1 February 2015, 16:30,
RE: Defending my home against intruders
The situation is a bit different for me as I have a reason to own such weapons as Swords and Bows because I am registered as a member of Archery/martial arts clubs. I use Bows and Swords virtually every day and so have them "on hand" in my property, indeed as I speak I am no more than 6ft from both.
1 February 2015, 16:42,
this is how I believe you stand with home invasion.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19886504
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
1 February 2015, 17:59,
That article is clear and brief.

Only 11 people were prosecuted between 1990-2005 in all of England and Wales!!

Now that is only the persons that were suspect, not all that defended their homes.

7 of those prosecuted were lying in ambush.

Instinctive defense is considered justifiable.

Motivation to keep the maglites, cricket bats and golf clubs at hand does exist.

And do be aware that the rights of homeowners to defend their property and lives is put forth and supported by the "Conservatives".
1 February 2015, 18:12, (This post was last modified: 1 February 2015, 18:14 by bigpaul.)
that's all well and good, but just wait until it happens and then see how the police react, different "kettle of fish" then.

and don't just take the world of someone who dosent live in the UK, has never been to the UK and just "googled" some facts online.(isn't that what trolls do?).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 February 2015, 18:18, (This post was last modified: 1 February 2015, 18:19 by Midnitemo.)
bp these were home office figures.....in the main it appears if you don't over do it common sense seems to be prevailing through the courts....tony martin got done because he pressed home further attacks when they were fleeing.

shot in the back whilst exiting the premises is a bit strong
1 February 2015, 18:27,
there have been some since TM and although all the charges were eventually dropped a few people were initially arrested.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 February 2015, 18:28,
I see your point on Shooting in the back whilst leaving the premises. But to be honest I don't know how I myself would react in the same situation. In the heat of the moment confronted by two burglars I think the guy just opened up, ask yourself honestly, it would be the most natural thing to do, and would you have time to think about it?
very hard.
1 February 2015, 19:11,
Tony Martin lay in wait as he had been burgled on many occasion's had he not shot one in the back whilst fleeing he would have been exonerated.....I have a lot of sympathy for him and gave to his defence fund....Pikey's are not a favourite of mine.....we still have rule of law operating so you have to hold yourself in check or face the consequences.
1 February 2015, 19:22,
I see, so premeditated then, but how did he know they were coming?
1 February 2015, 19:29, (This post was last modified: 1 February 2015, 19:34 by Midnitemo.)
he had been targeted something like 40 times in a 9 month period...he also openly said to a number of friends!(the kind of friends I could do without)he was going to shoot the next ones he caught...who then came forward and offered this info to the police.

just to reiterate I think if you go and investigate a noise with a very lumpy torch and you take them out with it I think providing you don't trip yourself up with the statement and the injuries aren't patently ott you should be fine.