Poll: Is Putin as big a threat as IS?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are they Right?
20 February 2015, 16:31,
RE: Are they Right?
Sounds good but if we went to war and nukes were used all bets are off. If nukes weren't used then we would have Cameron et al hanging from lampposts but with very little changes. Russians can have firearms for self defence, we can't. Russians have many things we can't get. We would get a black economy but not taxes on everything we do so that will work out fine.

Russians not really that different from ourselves. They just want to get on and are screwed over by people in positions of power.

IS are going to kill a lot of us before we stand up and retaliate.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
20 February 2015, 17:26,
(20 February 2015, 16:31)Skean Dhude Wrote: Sounds good but if we went to war and nukes were used all bets are off. If nukes weren't used then we would have Cameron et al hanging from lampposts but with very little changes. Russians can have firearms for self defence, we can't. Russians have many things we can't get. We would get a black economy but not taxes on everything we do so that will work out fine.

Russians not really that different from ourselves. They just want to get on and are screwed over by people in positions of power.

IS are going to kill a lot of us before we stand up and retaliate.

Yep can't argue with that, except future conflicts don't have to involve nukes, or even conventional warfare at all, and Putin is very aware of that:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-29903395

But don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I believe any of this is likely happen or affect the UK, I'm just seeing what others think......

As for IS then yep, they 'are a problem' here and now and will keep on killing and murdering until someone confronts them on the ground!

Apparently the US/Iraqi's are going to strike at them in Mosul in April, nothing like letting your enemy know your future moves!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-31543415
20 February 2015, 18:11,
The problem with the plan to use nukes on an advancing army is that none of the allied countries wishes to have these devices used on their own territory.

While you might think it is a great idea to let the Russians gather in Paris, Brussels or Berlin and drop a nuke on them the French, Germans and Belgians are not too keen on the idea.

That is one reason why the US pulled most of the tactical nukes out of the NATO territories way back in the old days. It became apparent that we would never get consensus for using them over anyones' territory.

As for what my country does in March???

If you feel YOU are being led by incompetents just imagine what WE are going through. And our system does not even have a provision for a simple vote of "no confidence" for speedy removal.

It has become evident to even the most loyal supporters that our president is a Muslim and is in sympathy with ISIS and rendering them any support he is able by refusing to support the nations in direct hostile contact with the radicals.

Our administration actually made the official statement that the reason for the present hostilities in the mid east was that WE have not made available the proper economic advantages and job training programs to the ISIS recruits!!

And everyone knows any attack will be advertised in advance with pamphlets dropped and broadcasts made to allow civilians/hostiles to evacuate, then drones and fighter planes will swoop down to hit lots of empty buildings with lots of "civilian casualties" displayed the following day.
20 February 2015, 20:46,
To be honest, I think the situation we are in now with Putin is largely one of our own making (I say "our", I mean the EU and the US). Our "leaders" have badly miscalculated Russia's response, but I don't think it is going to escalate into an outright war. Isis on the other hand appears to be made up of a load of muslim retards who have no moral conscience and who seem to be intent of the joy of killing for no reason other than they seem to enjoy it. I think the world will lose the plot with them at some point and will just squish them - they are after all just garbage. It's just appalling that so many innocent people will lose their lives for a load of religious cr*p.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.