Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Part time prepper seeks full time lifestyle without the use of bullshit
14 March 2015, 22:01,
RE: Part time prepper seeks full time lifestyle without the use of bullshit
Good luck SS and make sure you give us all regular updates Wink
25 March 2015, 18:14,
Had letter back today, in short ....NO....i now have to re,apply for full planning plus another cheque for £166 and a wait of six to eight weeks for their decision ...........so onwards we go folks !
25 March 2015, 19:04,
Keep at it mate. You'll get there in the end.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
25 March 2015, 19:27,
Yes, stick at it you'll get it eventually.

I find it's always worth a face to face meeting with the planners 'early' in the process and discussing what you want to do and to get their feedback as to what they will allow. Then when the planning application hit's their desk they already know a lot about and the person behind it....

One of the tricks often used down here is to apply with an agricultural tie on the planning, particularly if its a small holding....
25 March 2015, 20:05,
Did they give specifics on WHY your request was denied?

Can you work around their requirements or are they set against any construction at all?
25 March 2015, 21:46,
Yes MB they did give two specific reasons , that i can and will work through....minor as i see it , and no major problems....just £166 and the wait. As Dev points out ...a personal meeting is always a good idea...you can glean a lot ...face to face, so this will be my very next move and a gauge of where the land lays ...i remain positive !....i will not fall to my knees and wrap my arms around the legs of the planning guy at the first meeting.....that will follow on the second visit......i do have some honour and dignity left....i think ?
27 March 2015, 12:49,
Good Luck SS, I hope planning gives you the green light.

You sounded pretty well set up already though....

LS
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

2 May 2015, 11:52,
So SS how is this all progressing, have the planners given you hope or are you still working on things....?
2 May 2015, 12:20,
Well Dev...most things i have ever done...have always been rushed with a failure to really think things through in detail ,this bad practice is a true fault and trait of mine, so i have finally kicked this practice out.

My approach is now one of a preppers needs in every sense,this has presented me with problems of and unexpected side of the building process.

How do i achieve underground work ...without anyone knowing what it is i am up to?

at what stage do i bring this into play ?

how do i pull it off ?

The drawings i have done....last count was 18 varients , but now its the ONE.
I have now cracked the HOW and WHEN and pull it off....only in the last few days...so i am ready mate, the next move is in fact next week ...up to council ...meeting with planning officer ,if that go,s okay i will submit there and then.

The next stage if all go.s well is building regs...that,s no worry for me , i will keep you posted, thanks for taking the time to ask Dev.
2 May 2015, 15:16,
Glad to hear you're still pushing forward and as you say, taking time now to plan everything carefully and to get it just as you want it is crucial.

As for carrying out the works discretely, unfortunately in this day and age, if it involves planning permission, all your neighbours have got to do is log onto the local authorities website and they can then down the drawings and view them in detail at their leisure!

Obviously if it's not part of the planning and you don't have any neighbours overlooking the site, then you can attempt to screen off the area; minimise the amount of excavated material stored on site, and do the works as quickly as possible. And if anyone asks, you're doing drainage works Wink