Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apocalypse NOW.
18 May 2015, 18:39,
RE: Apocalypse NOW.
I can only look at the beaches around here. Don't see much debris at all.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
18 May 2015, 19:03,
I think this is largely typical Daily Mail.

The first photo with the surfer looks like most of the debris is organic, seaweed, sticks/branches etc.

The power station photo is largely steam/water vapour being discharged from the cooling towers.

The picture of all the waste computer equipment looks like a recycling area, as all of the electronics have been removed and it is just the plastic casings etc, which will almost certainly be recycled.

The Canadian forests are commercial woodland, they will be replanted and harvested again in 20 or 30 years time.

Ice and snow melts when it gets warmer, usually in the summer….

The most amazing part for me was the extent of those Spanish greenhouses!! Wow!
19 May 2015, 09:05,
Wife says: "Denial IS a river in Egypt!!"
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 May 2015, 11:16,
(19 May 2015, 09:05)bigpaul Wrote: Wife says: "Denial IS a river in Egypt!!"

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
19 May 2015, 13:43,
BP, It is the Nile that is a river in Egypt. Simple spelling error.

The pictures were good though.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
19 May 2015, 13:49,
The simple fact is there are just too many people on this planet, and as countries develop, they too want the luxuries and to live the quality of life that we already have here in the West.

Can we do anything about this? Nope

Is it unfair for them to be denied what we have? Probably not, so resources will have to be plundered.

But at the same time, lets not forget that Planet Earth is far more complex that any of us can imagine and the idea that mankind is solely responsible for what is happening to the planet is pretty misguided.

For example Volcanoes chuck out far more pollution than power station and cars etc. and global warming is a natural process.
19 May 2015, 13:57, (This post was last modified: 19 May 2015, 14:06 by bigpaul.)
(19 May 2015, 13:43)Skean Dhude Wrote: BP, It is the Nile that is a river in Egypt. Simple spelling error.
my spelling is not at fault SD. its a play on words. oh well, suit yourself.

(19 May 2015, 13:49)Devonian Wrote: The simple fact is there are just too many people on this planet, and as countries develop, they too want the luxuries and to live the quality of life that we already have here in the West.
the more people that want a western lifestyle the worse the problem will get, the more that people want...not need but want, the further the rape of the planet will continue, maybe people will be the cause, maybe mother nature will respond in kind, who knows? dosent matter whatever happens, the sheeple will never prepare will they?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 May 2015, 17:10,
Just having fun with you BP. I know what you meant.

This planet can support a certain amount of people but we should be looking at the stars. But we would rather pay people to be unproductive than pay to enhance our knowledge and improve our lot. Technology can and will save us but not if we are not going to develop it because of our shortsightedness.
Skean Dhude
19 May 2015, 17:17,
you had me going there for awhile SD!Tongue the ones we need to get rid of are like the one in the Mail today, 10 kids by 5 different fathers, I don't know who'd want to touch it once never mind 10 times..if you know what I mean! I think we need to bring back the workhouse for some, that'd give them an incentive to work, and how!!!
19 May 2015, 17:27,
(19 May 2015, 13:57)bigpaul Wrote:
(19 May 2015, 13:49)Devonian Wrote: The simple fact is there are just too many people on this planet, and as countries develop, they too want the luxuries and to live the quality of life that we already have here in the West.
the more people that want a western lifestyle the worse the problem will get, the more that people want...not need but want, the further the rape of the planet will continue, maybe people will be the cause, maybe mother nature will respond in kind, who knows? dosent matter whatever happens, the sheeple will never prepare will they?

Yep completely agree with that, but as our (western) society has already been doing it for the past 100 odd years, we can hardly start telling those in India and China etc that there are now too few resources available and that they should stop developing their own countries in order to save the planet.....