Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"addicted to technology".
3 June 2015, 16:52,
RE: "addicted to technology".
Yes I agree BP ....if anyone assumes an accident fair enough....but what if is a planned or premeditated event ? as BP said plan for the worst....you will not be that disappointed....much.
4 June 2015, 07:14,
RE: "addicted to technology".
I have been without my Broadband Service for approx 10 hours just recently. When I realised that it was not working at all I decided to report this as a fault - so I dialled 100 and was guided through the automated system and then put on hold. Half an hour later I was actually able to speak to a person. It appears that there was an 'outage' in the locality and that normal service would be resumed by approximately midnight - at the time it was around 8.30pm. Midnight came and went - still no Broadband - so I decided to get some sleep. Got up around 6.30am and turned on the gadget and after a few minutes all three little blue lights were on and 'normal service' was back. What time it actually resumed is not known by me - I am just pleased that it is working again.
The point of all of this?
My comfortable daily routine was upset - I could not browse my various interests, engage in light hearted banter with friends and enemies - I had to find something else to do. So I did.
Am I addicted to this thing? In a mild sort of way I suppose the answer would be - yes. Disappointed that it did not work? Yes. Appalled at the length of time that it took to actually get through to someone to test the line and confirm the problem? Yes.
All in all I suppose it is the convenient, more or less, reliability of the thing in question. This is modern life - enjoy it while you can but have a plan B when it all goes Phut!!