Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
facial ......anybody
14 June 2015, 23:40,
RE: facial ......anybody
Some of the engineering bods were trying out a facial recognition system at the uni the last time I popped in using the photos from the matriculation card as a database.

Went and gave it a try (they were offering free coffee, and had my details on file anyway* ) and it didn't work as still had my safety goggles (ones out of B&Q) on, caused too much glare on the camera.

*data protection act, whuzat ?
Sodomi Non Sapiens.
15 June 2015, 07:13,
(14 June 2015, 23:40)Bucket Wrote: Some of the engineering bods were trying out a facial recognition system at the uni the last time I popped in using the photos from the matriculation card as a database.

Went and gave it a try (they were offering free coffee, and had my details on file anyway* ) and it didn't work as still had my safety goggles (ones out of B&Q) on, caused too much glare on the camera.

*data protection act, whuzat ?

With what you've said and what Beardyman has said...I think chrome lensed sunglasses will be a good idea.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
15 June 2015, 08:57,
or just stay out of places that have these facial recognition systems???Big GrinBig Grin they cant photo you if you aren't there.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 June 2015, 17:25,
Very true BP but if you have a current driving licence/passport they will already have your mugshot and you can be sure one day in the not to distant future those databases will be accessed by tptb to create a library for there facial recognition system and those camera's will one day make it to Devon's market towns.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
15 June 2015, 20:46,
(15 June 2015, 17:25)Midnitemo Wrote: Very true BP but if you have a current driving licence/passport they will already have your mugshot and you can be sure one day in the not to distant future those databases will be accessed by tptb to create a library for there facial recognition system and those camera's will one day make it to Devon's market towns.

They don't need to make it into the towns.....

The majority of police cars are already fitted with cameras and there is an increasing trend for body cameras to be mounted on the shoulders of all police officers as well.
16 June 2015, 08:06, (This post was last modified: 16 June 2015, 08:26 by bigpaul.)
I'm sorry, what police officers and what police cars? our police numbers have already been cut in half by "budget cuts" and there are many crimes these days that are not even logged never mind investigated much less solved.

there are only 136,000 police nationally, that is only the same as the population of Exeter, and even then they were unable to "police" the London riots.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 June 2015, 08:39,
Plenty of police vehicles around.......

Plus if a car with camera drives 10 miles along a road; or 100 yards along a high street; how many images will it capture?

100's.....1000's????
16 June 2015, 08:51,
so...................what as a prepper are you going to do about it? remember this is a survival site.
16 June 2015, 09:35,
(16 June 2015, 08:51)bigpaul Wrote: so...................what as a prepper are you going to do about it? remember this is a survival site.

Practically, there's not a huge amount that you can do...

Unless you disguise yourself as a muslim lady in the hibbly-jibbly thing they wear (think black post-box / ninja) or wear a disguise every time you leave the house. I wouldn't say either are overly practical.

Not going out isn't a solution either, unless one is a hermit type. Have to remember, these aren't special cameras, this is software, so can be used anywhere.

Trust in The Beard to keep your mug obfuscated... For now.
16 June 2015, 10:29, (This post was last modified: 16 June 2015, 10:30 by bigpaul.)
does it really matter that much? if we are going about our everyday normal life let TPTB waste their time taking our photos, if we are all on DVLA and tax systems and benefit systems anyway there isn't much we can do about it anyway, unless we drop off the grid completely and go and live in the woods we are on the system whether we like it or not, I don't know about you lot but I am instantly recognisable, no "grey man" me!!!Big Grin

post SHTF is a different matter entirely.