Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasist Prepper?
18 June 2015, 18:23,
RE: Fantasist Prepper?
Doing a multi-day, self-sufficient backpacking trip every now and again is a good reality check, as well as an opportunity to keep skills up to scratch.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
18 June 2015, 22:01,
(18 June 2015, 18:23)Tarrel Wrote: Doing a multi-day, self-sufficient backpacking trip every now and again is a good reality check, as well as an opportunity to keep skills up to scratch.

Yeah mate. Also a 3 day or more 'blackout' test. Turn off all power, water, and gas, then live off what you have. There's nothing like it to highlight what your preps are missing!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
19 June 2015, 07:55,
define "fantasist"!! one mans fantasist is another mans realist.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 June 2015, 18:08,
(19 June 2015, 07:55)bigpaul Wrote: define "fantasist"!! one mans fantasist is another mans realist.

The first post says what a fantasist is.
20 June 2015, 07:22,
I refer you to my first post.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 June 2015, 10:10,
You've lost me there mate.

You asked me to define fantasist in the context of this thread, which my original thread mostly described. So I referred you to that. Then you referred me to your first post, as below.

(15 June 2015, 13:49)bigpaul Wrote: I am beginning to learn that anyone can be what they like on "social media", it isn't necessarily "real life".....and usually isn't.

whats that old saying? oh yes: " if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is" !!

I'm a little confused on the relevance to this in context of your request for me to define 'fantasist prepper'. Please could you elaborate. I'm totally lost on the point you're trying to make.
20 June 2015, 10:20,
as far as "fantasist prepper" is concerned I repeat my earlier statement: "if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is"!! I was talking to someone else on another forum who says he will do this or that, only to find out this guy has CHRONIC C.O.P.D.......yeah right!
20 June 2015, 10:32,
(20 June 2015, 10:20)bigpaul Wrote: as far as "fantasist prepper" is concerned I repeat my earlier statement: "if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is"!! I was talking to someone else on another forum who says he will do this or that, only to find out this guy has CHRONIC C.O.P.D.......yeah right!

Oh okay. That would fit as a fantasist prepper. But so would a person that's 'learned' a skill, but never actually tried it. If someone has an air rifle, but has never shoot a rabbit, or skin one, or butchered, or cook it, then they'd also be considered a fantasist. There's a good possibility they'll cock it up the first few times they try. They'll stalk it too quickly, get excited when they are going to shoot and screw up the shot, gut it wrong and contaminate the meat, and the alike. But it's true of all skills.

If someone has not put something into practice, but believe you can do it, they'd be a fantasist prepper. There are guys who have 'learned' hundreds of skills, but have never practiced any of them. These are the fantasist preppers.
20 June 2015, 11:14,
there are plenty like that all over the prepper and survival forums, most have never stepped outside of a city but when TSHTF they are all going to bug out and "live in the woods" !!
20 June 2015, 13:07,
(20 June 2015, 11:14)bigpaul Wrote: there are plenty like that all over the prepper and survival forums, most have never stepped outside of a city but when TSHTF they are all going to bug out and die in the woods !!

Fixed it for you Big Grin

Some of these people are going to be in a worse state than non-preppers. After five days hiding in a bramble bush they'll attempt to return home, to find that their home has been emptied by their neighbours. That's when it hits them that their Tactical Torch isn't worth as much as a Tesco Tin of beans.