Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Operation Temperer.
26 July 2015, 13:06,
RE: Operation Temperer.
so 5000 troops.....24hr cover say 12 hr shifts ,that's only 2500 at any one time.
far too few in my opinion ,just think of London alone , all the government places , then you have all the things like power / water then all the public places they might target, football grounds, harrods , regents park , london eye , london is too big and bizzy to cover.

it would be just a ....make us feel safe job....

what about , brum , Manchester , Newcastle , south mouldy....Smile
Survive the jive (youtube )
26 July 2015, 13:30, (This post was last modified: 26 July 2015, 13:40 by bigpaul.)
you've missed out airports, train stations, tube stations, bus and coach depots, shopping malls, Army barracks, Police stations.

its probably not possible to guard everywhere so it will be limited to Government buildings and the rest of the population will have to look out for themselves.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 July 2015, 13:46,
This is no different to what has 'already' happened in France following the terrorist attacks there.

There are now/today armed soldiers walking around locations such as the Eiffel Tower; Train stations etc...

Not really a major issue or concern and as other have said is only to be expected, we are after all at war with these jihadist!
26 July 2015, 13:55,
not much difference in France maybe, I remember going on holiday there in my teens...a lifetime ago...and seeking armed police everywhere, but it would be a major change to see armed troops on home soil.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 July 2015, 14:18,
london is a nightmare waiting to happen , I deliver and pick up their a lot , last week on a sunday night the hammersmith flyover was shut for repairs , it took me 2.30hrs to get less than half a mile.
if something big happned it would take cops / fire / health workers forever to deal with it espesialy if the terriosts did over the roads at the same time.
26 July 2015, 14:50,
London is a nightmare............fullstop, 8 million people all in one area? that is my definition of hell on earth. look at yesterday on the M20 what was it, 25 mile tail back and a 6 hour wait to get across the channel....the mind boggles. no thanks, i'll stay in my "rural backwater".....Big Grin
26 July 2015, 15:30,
most of my trips in are timed for the evening as day time is not a good idea , if you want to get into central London from Gloucester 4.20 mins and that's in the evening , most building work is done over night because they just cant get their deliveries on time almost all of inner London is double yellow or red route .

many firms staff travel in on a sunday night and leave fri night which makes it buzzy almost 24/7.
26 July 2015, 15:43,
It's not an issue really BP. It's just like going to an airport, plenty of armed guard there. It's not like martial law is going to be declared nation wide and we're living under a dictatorship. Armed guard would cause an issue if you were bugging out, so if you're bugging out around those areas, then it would make sense to start check other routes, incase this is what happens.

If TSHTF and you have to bug out, stay well clear of potential key areas, as there is a good chance there will be armed guard near by.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
26 July 2015, 15:51,
if tshtf ....we would all be armed guards , cant see many folks not carrying weapons.
even if just for show ie leave us alone we have big knives.
26 July 2015, 16:39, (This post was last modified: 26 July 2015, 16:51 by Scythe13.)
*Just edited to get what BP said separate from the quote. Nothing else changed.
(26 July 2015, 15:43)Scythe13 Wrote: It's not an issue really BP. It's just like going to an airport, plenty of armed guard there. It's not like martial law is going to be declared nation wide and we're living under a dictatorship. Armed guard would cause an issue if you were bugging out, so if you're bugging out around those areas, then it would make sense to start check other routes, incase this is what happens.

that's what i'm saying(or trying to) Scythe, if someone lives in the affected area-which could be anywhere- it MAY affect them both bugging out or bugging in- as travel may be restricted or even banned in those areas/ even if only on a temporary basis, probably wont affect thee or me but would affect those in the larger urban centres.
If TSHTF and you have to bug out, stay well clear of potential key areas, as there is a good chance there will be armed guard near by.