Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow Breakdown - How will you be hit?
5 August 2015, 09:44,
RE: Slow Breakdown - How will you be hit?
maybe, but unless it affects them personally, do you think anyone else has even noticed?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 August 2015, 16:59,
So what does "Most of them" not recognizing the situation got to do with those of you who do recognize the situation.

I figured the fact that there are 12 people on this forum and 56,000,000+ not on this forum was given knowledge and not relevant to the decision making process of anyone here .
5 August 2015, 17:03,
(5 August 2015, 16:59)Mortblanc Wrote: So what does "Most of them" not recognizing the situation got to do with those of you who do recognize the situation.
not a damned thing, not to me personally, it'll be their problem whilst their waiting for the govt to pull their chestnuts out of the fire, and failing.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 August 2015, 19:41,
(5 August 2015, 17:03)bigpaul Wrote:
(5 August 2015, 16:59)Mortblanc Wrote: So what does "Most of them" not recognizing the situation got to do with those of you who do recognize the situation.
not a damned thing, not to me personally, it'll be their problem whilst their waiting for the govt to pull their chestnuts out of the fire, and failing.

If you get a load of people banging on your door to get your food and constantly breaking into your garden to steal water from your waterbutts, then it'll definitely be your problem mate.

This is one of the main issues in a slow breakdown….the increased crime rate.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
5 August 2015, 21:25,
Do you perhaps think that it might be difficult to recognise the fact that a breakdown is happening around you? We are all probably now used to the slow breakdown of things - NHS stuttering under the strain; poor housing; little incursions into personal freedoms and so on - and I think we may well be getting rather blase about it. So, at what point do you sit up and think "we have a problem, I'm going to act decisively now", and then actually do something. More to the point, what do you do - different from what you are probably doing now? We are all trying to protect ourselves from potential collapse of something, or disaster be it natural or manmade, but there doesn't seem to be much you can do to actively change anything around you.

I envisage my life as a self-contained little bubble and try hard to strengthen my position (or rather, the position of my family), but I know that I, on my own cannot influence anything other than my own position. So, slow breakdown or fast breakdown, in the end it's down to me and my efforts.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
5 August 2015, 22:39,
(5 August 2015, 21:25)MaryN Wrote: So, at what point do you sit up and think "we have a problem, I'm going to act decisively now", and then actually do something.

3 years ago, and I feel a lot better for it.
5 August 2015, 23:24,
How do you define "decisive action"?

If all you are equipped for is the "bug out to the woods" reaction to a sudden shocking event I do not have any answer for you other than when you see the sky falling then run.

If you are preparing for shortages, lack of personal safety, grid fluctuations and interruptions of the transport system you have already taken decisive action.
5 August 2015, 23:27,
You are very correct Mary....as usual....that,s why people join up here....well it used to be the case....to help each other to prepare for shit coming down the track,which in my case really started big ish time in 2003...but the big thing here is ...you will have to rely on yourself for sure....so concentrate your efforts in that direction ONLY because no one else will, as for slow or fast......it started years ago...people become accustomed to new lows it becomes normal...just take jobs...most full time are within local authority who produce sweet FA people employed there think they have a safe job....bad news you have not, Teachers , lecturers , Police , Armed forces, traffic wardens, ...you name it...it matters not! decline in services....all services....these people seem to be oblivious to the reality taken place right in front of them...this is a total source of amazement to me...they wait to see how the land lies without realizing they are living the experience ...its happening now FFS !