Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest EDC item - New Belt!
4 August 2015, 21:10,
Latest EDC item - New Belt!
Well, I don't want to say this is cool, as it's just a belt. But it is pretty cool.

I have a lovely new leather belt. Going on holiday soon, and I'm quite the fan of having money with me. The thing is, if you lose your money, or get mugged, not good!!!

So I've purchased a new belt that has a hidden compartment in the back of it where I can stash a little extra cash, handcuff key, etc.

The quality feels good, and the zip seems to be working fine. So I'm happy with the purchase.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Leather-Secret-c...AQAXVMP75K
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
5 August 2015, 00:35,
RE: Latest EDC item - New Belt!
you just reminded me I have a belt with a stash pocket and I seem to remember putting a 50 euro note in there before the buckle failed...must look see.....handcuff key???????
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
5 August 2015, 07:54,
i have several new belts in my stores, both leather and webbing ones.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 August 2015, 08:39,
(5 August 2015, 00:35)Midnitemo Wrote: you just reminded me I have a belt with a stash pocket and I seem to remember putting a 50 euro note in there before the buckle failed...must look see.....handcuff key???????

Yeah, handcuff key. You know how people learn to break out of cable-ties. Why not have a handcuff key incase you get handcuffed, under the same circumstances that you might get cable-tied.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
5 August 2015, 14:51,
your belt and your shoes will be removed by people detaining you if they know there business.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
5 August 2015, 15:00,
you have no right going where you might get handcuffed, what do you get up to?Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 August 2015, 16:51, (This post was last modified: 5 August 2015, 16:52 by River Song.)
As I said many moons ago, a girl likes getting tied up now and again
5 August 2015, 16:53,
Yep, after she handcuffs you to the headboard she's definitely going to take your pants and belt when she leaves!

But if you are toing into a situation where pick pockets are thick or there is a chance of a street robbery the money belt can be a good item to have.

Keep most of your money in the belt and take out only a little at a time for daily use.

Most of the travel guides recommend that approach.
5 August 2015, 16:57,
(5 August 2015, 16:51)River Song Wrote: As I said many moons ago, a girl likes getting tied up now and again

yeah, a GIRL might, but that joke is getting a bit old now.
5 August 2015, 17:00,
I have seen these before and been tempted. But I am only going to Cornwall this year so I think I will be ok ?
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here