Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bug Out Vehicle of choice
4 August 2012, 09:51,
RE: Bug Out Vehicle of choice
(3 August 2012, 14:30)bigpaul Wrote: OK if your static but you wont get it down the lanes around here.

thats not my worry its the £2million price tag Big Grin
4 August 2012, 10:03,
(4 August 2012, 09:51)Tigs Wrote:
(3 August 2012, 14:30)bigpaul Wrote: OK if your static but you wont get it down the lanes around here.

thats not my worry its the £2million price tag Big Grin

you'll have to win the lotteryBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 August 2012, 12:22,
(3 August 2012, 12:12)Tigs Wrote: how abot this if you have a spare £2million lol dream bov

HO.LY. CR.AP.

thats just insane

on a side note, i want one of these Big Grin [Image: atheism_116314_1.jpg?cache=1310168155]
4 August 2012, 13:28,
If I could...I would have a nifty motorbike with panniers and a big ruck sack,
4 August 2012, 16:58,
(4 August 2012, 13:28)Prepaday Wrote: If I could...I would have a nifty motorbike with panniers and a big ruck sack,
1 motorbike and 5 people? thats a neat trick, better get a sidecar to go with it.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 August 2012, 19:27,
As things stand right now my BOV is my normal everyday car - our gear is ready , we know where we will be going , we will treat it as another road trip type adventure....I have no leeway in acquiring another vehicle simply as a BOV....and the BOV I want would immediately attract attention anyway.

Suffice to say - the cars ready , the gears ready , we're ready.
No doubt it will be 'ditched' at some point anyway - preferably undercover at the BOL.

Moving by vehicle once you've settled in at the BOL after tshtf will highlight you as a target to others , all movement in/around should be done on foot preferably to help opsec.
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.
2 October 2012, 12:04,
Just me but I would drive a 911 Turbo given the choice before a SHTF event. I can understand driving a shed if you have no other choice or have no interest in cars, but sacrificing your normal life for a 'what if' does not fit with my own thoughts. I have not found myself any need to sacrifice a good life for me and the family in order to Prep.

If I sold my family vehicle for a beat up 4x4 or rusty saloon the misses would think I had lost the plot (she does anyway, Been looking for a Longline LSV to commute to work in for ages)

I think Prepping should be about risk assessment also. Getting your mortgage or loans paid off so that should anything happen to you then your family will be finacial sound with a roof over there head is better Prepping than for a SHTF event. You have to weigh up the relative risks based on your situation and location.

For me I treat Prepping as a hobby. Learning about plants, distilling water, explosives etc. Buying the Bug In/Bug Out kit as money allows.
2 October 2012, 12:08,
Mine is my boat. Wink
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
8 October 2012, 02:34,
[Image: glvtGOkCXQOOpzdogL1Iic-X1_k4F6tl1pAhFKBP...r7BNr_JPGg]

This would do me - especially static and camd up in the heart of a forest , and near a decent water supply.
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.
8 October 2012, 09:11,
Mines a Jinty 060 tank locomotive, I reckon the only or best place to be when we start to rebuild is alongside preserved railway lines that have access to coal and navigable rivers. Soon get trade up and running with even a simple preserved line linking the sea with inland.