Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Win 10 Key logging and tracking ALL your moves
6 November 2015, 22:05,
RE: Win 10 Key logging and tracking ALL your moves
Beardy I'm looking to get linux ubuntu running as my OS, I already use TOR and Duckduckgo as my search engine. I don't like the idea of these "elected" quasi Nazis watching everyone for our own safety. We seem to be turning slowly but surely into something that is dark and foreboding-----it is not the Britain our ancestors fought for, a Britain where a sense of fair play and freedom to be what ever the hell you want to be with the freedom to say it!!
nil illigitimum carborundum est
7 November 2015, 13:39,
Good idea to try one of the linux systems with a usb memory stick first - think I will have a go at that and see what happens.
Otherwise 'nil desperandum bastardarius carborundum' as a wise old geezer said to me once.
7 November 2015, 15:02,
Chaps dunno if its of any help, you know I'm useless with technology but Hewlett Packard do a probook 455G3 laptop than is installed with Linux

7 November 2015, 16:38,
(7 November 2015, 15:02)NorthernRaider Wrote: Chaps dunno if its of any help, you know I'm useless with technology but Hewlett Packard do a probook 455G3 laptop than is installed with Linux

And it's not a bad bit of kit either NR. Thankfully you don't need to buy a new laptop to run Linux, any computer will run it. And if you've got an old computer that would struggle to run Windows you can breathe new life into it with Linux. Much more efficient in memory allocation and usage, used to have mint on a 386!

On a side note, you can also use Ubuntu on android phones. Dual boot with Touch and Android, or just use Touch instead. Pretty good if you can get used to the interface.
7 November 2015, 18:28,
Is there anywhere you could recommend to look into these systems for completely clueless people like me?

I'm very interested, however wouldn't even know where to start.

Thanks
7 November 2015, 18:35,
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Linux-For-Dummie...0764579371

7 November 2015, 18:46,
BM - some really good hints here. Kali Linux? Mmmmm my kind of OS. I hope you aren't doing anything naughty like pen testing.

For the newbie amonst you I would suggest the following

Ubuntu run from a USB Stick will have a full stack of programs like open office which is nice.

Kali Linux run from a USB Stick has a load of tools useful for hacking if you are into such nefarious activities.

Tails run from a USB Stick is an interesting option. This baby will ONLY run from a USB Stick and deletes its memory etc after the end of each session. Runs TOR Browser.

I'll try to get a 'blonde proof' set of instructions for those of you who are technically challenged.

BM - I've got a VPN but am not happy about the provider. Would you have any recommendations either here or via PM about where to go?

Tally Ho
7 November 2015, 18:57, (This post was last modified: 7 November 2015, 18:57 by Geordie_Rob.)
As my laptop & desktop are windows (xp on laptop & 8.1 on desktop), would this replace the os on them or would it work as a program you'd install such as office, photoshop etc..?

Technically challenged. Describes me perfectly Smile
7 November 2015, 19:01,
I'm using Win 8.1 and its got a death wish, tried win 10 but it would not work with my BT accounts and it deleted all my contacts and I could not send E mail.

7 November 2015, 21:06,
I'm not particularly computer-interested, but a friend of mine recommended this site.... http://software.opensuse.org/132/en and gave me a whole load of instructions to go with it. I don't have a spare computer to play with it at the mo, but if anyone gets in please post your comments...
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.