Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hardware Costs for UV3R and UV5R
16 November 2015, 12:36, (This post was last modified: 16 November 2015, 12:46 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: Hardware Costs for UV3R and UV5R
The 5s are more powerful and cover more stuff, they are still current and sales are booming, its advisable I'm told to buy them from that UK dealer in the West Mids who ensure they work properly and can be programmed from that free online program CHIRP, FYI there's an 8 watt version out but LS says its just a battery killer so any spare funds are better off spent on a 771 antenna. I used mine as defacto PMR radios rather than ham devices that way I can stay away from the licenced bands and big brother.

I have heard of folks getting them from Hong Kong via E bay and having dreadful problems programming them.

Feast upon these
https://www.sinotel.co.uk/index.php?main...qd6otnbne3

Hmmm it appears the UV5R family has now been upgraded and replaced by the 580T

"The B-580T is effectively a GT-3 in a different (and to our eyes more attractive) housing. Both radios are a refinement of the ubiquitous UV-5R, the essential differences being the use of the latest versions of the RDA1846S RF IC, RDA5802N RF Receiver Chip and UTC TDA2822L Power Amplifier IC. Baofeng claim improvements in receive selectivity and crossover distortion as a result.

Like the UV-5R, the B-580T boasts an alphanumeric display (now reverse LED), numeric keyboard, drop-in charger and switchable voice prompt.

The radio is CE- and FCC-approved and ROHS compliant.

Our radios are supplied with all the UK 2m & 70cm repeater frequencies & offsets pre-programmed into the memory along with the eight European PMR 446 frequencies (for monitoring purposes only as the radio is not approved for transmission in the PMR 446 band). "

Isnt technology wonderful, pity I don't understand it, I recent gave away three of my six UV5s as surplus to requirements, my little group shrank a bit and the radios no longer needed.

Messages In This Thread
Hardware Costs for UV3R and UV5R - by Skean Dhude - 16 November 2015, 12:18
RE: Hardware Costs for UV3R and UV5R - by NorthernRaider - 16 November 2015, 12:36
RE: Hardware Costs for UV3R and UV5R - by Tartar Horde - 17 November 2015, 11:13
RE: Hardware Costs for UV3R and UV5R - by Devonian - 17 November 2015, 13:20
RE: Hardware Costs for UV3R and UV5R - by Devonian - 17 November 2015, 13:59
RE: Hardware Costs for UV3R and UV5R - by Devonian - 17 November 2015, 14:35
RE: Hardware Costs for UV3R and UV5R - by Steve - 17 November 2015, 22:30