Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hardware Costs for UV3R and UV5R
17 November 2015, 14:10, (This post was last modified: 17 November 2015, 14:21 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: Hardware Costs for UV3R and UV5R
They DO if you want to USE them to broadcast on HAM frequencies, You don't need a licence to LISTEN to Ham broadcasts , or the built in FM receiver 88-108 etc and TECHNICALLY they are illegal to USE on the 400MHZ PMR channels because you can change the antenna and dial up the power output. ( though I believe the hobbyists and experts are trying to persuade HMG to allow a bit more leaway with the use of such radios). I don't think I do anything with mine apart from check they still work, I had 6 and gave 3 away not so long back as my groups needs contracted. Mine wont get used until TSHTF, I'm currently considering the new PRESIDENT series CBs which are awesome, 27 AM, 27 FM, USB, CEPT / UK, Rus, Po etc 4 watt and either 12 or 20 watt for USB

No licences needed for the CB

http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/mobile-cbs/...nt-ii.html

Lightspeed discussed and edumukated me into the importance of not infringing on licenced ham frequency users with licence and training, his logic was sound so I would not use or recommend anyone use Ham gear without licence or training in respect of his and the hams communities wishes.

However I considered the PMR bands to be fair game especially AFTER TSHTF to use the UK legal PMR 446 channels with a better antenna in a survival situation. Prior to TSHTF I'll stick with CB and cellphones.

not infringing on licenced ham freqs with OUT licence and training that should read.

Crap, I'm always playing catchup with the comms stuff
according to Wikipedia on PMR 446
"Radios may now have removable antennas as long as the ERP does not exceed 500 mW.[3]"

Messages In This Thread
Hardware Costs for UV3R and UV5R - by Skean Dhude - 16 November 2015, 12:18
RE: Hardware Costs for UV3R and UV5R - by Tartar Horde - 17 November 2015, 11:13
RE: Hardware Costs for UV3R and UV5R - by Devonian - 17 November 2015, 13:20
RE: Hardware Costs for UV3R and UV5R - by Devonian - 17 November 2015, 13:59
RE: Hardware Costs for UV3R and UV5R - by NorthernRaider - 17 November 2015, 14:10
RE: Hardware Costs for UV3R and UV5R - by Devonian - 17 November 2015, 14:35
RE: Hardware Costs for UV3R and UV5R - by Steve - 17 November 2015, 22:30