Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banks preparing to rob depositors ?
1 January 2016, 15:00,
RE: Banks preparing to rob depositors ?
cash in hand= watch out for muggers!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 January 2016, 15:38,
If what you say is true Paul ...why do we need the bail in measures here in the UK at all.....AS OF TODAY ? ...nothing to worry about at all i suppose .....even though its not a far away country but right under our noses ....that,s the trouble with bites in the arse people choose not to see it coming or refuse to deal with the true reality ,even though its in full view, thing is big mega events take place and big gaps appear in-between ...this gap normal or should i say calm prevails this is quite normal but each big event becomes bigger than the last by sheer numbers of people they effect...a side issue here is more and more people want to stay in the here and now...they pretty much like what they have....its what they have always had...in fact they see life as very good and hang on tooth and nail to what the now IS simply because they Know no different ....it is ...its always is...therefore it will always be....as much as i try to imagine the total collapse of the monetary global system and its affects on me and mine ...i have to tell you....it don,t look good however way i look at it .....but.....i am not going quietly....regardless of what comes ....so in short does all this supposed knowledge of mine make me better than you all .....NO....not in the now.....but the future who knows....one thing we can all count on is shit and lots of it....the playing field WILL be level for preppers and none preppers....plenty of shit and no shortages and no rations as much as you can eat ,carry and swim in.....the insurance policy of a prepper....go fully comp....fuck the third party bollocks , all you need is eyes that see.SS
1 January 2016, 16:01,
We didn't have cash for thousands of years. Once we started putting someone in control of our money they started taking cuts and make us jump through hoops. Look how many people work in banking on massive salaries. Plus it is easier for our government to control and you know they want to. Its too late for me I have a lot in a pension but if I was starting now I wouldn't have. I'd take the cash out every month and invest it elsewhere.

Simply don't have any in the bank. 45% of nothing is, ... carry the one.. take away the remainder... Oh. Fuck all. Get the money in and then on the day it is in take it out.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
1 January 2016, 16:20,
Good SOUND advice SD but i would add (while you can ) ....get rid of any debts you have .......if you can !
1 January 2016, 18:20,
I have been trying to find some land/woodland to invest my meagre spare cash into-for 5 years now without any luck, its all so expensive.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 January 2016, 19:08,
This is the type of use you can put your cash into BP ....in fact one of the best things you can do to protect yourself....far better than the under the bed scenario , again trying to get what you want CLOSE TO YOUR LOCALE is where stumbling blocks will slow or trip you up ....only because you know your area and feel safer being and living where you are used to....plus the age thing and reluctance to uproot (notes there for younger men ) the only real boundary for a dream is the mental chain that prevents you achieving it......bolt crops are good ! ....continue the quest BP you will get it done if you want it bad enough......take a drive ..knock on doors....ask if they are thinking of selling a bit of woodland ! be proactive....he who waits ....is normally fucked senseless.
1 January 2016, 20:58,
(1 January 2016, 18:20)bigpaul Wrote: I have been trying to find some land/woodland to invest my meagre spare cash into-for 5 years now without any luck, its all so expensive.

I bought woodland in 2006 and the price went up right through the crash as people looked for something solid to put their money into. I'm not sure I would buy woodland now though, the price rise was mainly due to increasing energy costs at the time, this isn't happening now.

Good agricultural land still looks like a good investment to me, and the beauty of it is that you don't actually need very much if you are prepared to work it properly. If you can get even one acre ( probably £10k if it's half decent ) you can concentrate on working loads of organic material and bio-char into it - this will make you an extremely productive vegetable patch with plenty of room for chickens. If you can stretch to 3 acres you can think about other livestock too - perhaps a couple of small pigs like Kunekunes.

You won't make money from such a smallholding, but you will save a lot, and insulate yourself from the fragile supply chain, it's immensely satisfying too.
1 January 2016, 21:04,
Uplifting Steve ! especially from someone living it ....good stuff for all of us.
1 January 2016, 21:30,
(1 January 2016, 21:04)Straight Shooter Wrote: Uplifting Steve ! especially from someone living it ....good stuff for all of us.

It can be done SS. I spent every penny on our smallholding in Pembs, and it was tight for a while, but my lovely wife and I are workers - now we've both got jobs we enjoy and we come home to our dream. We could (just) give up work, but every pound earned is another pound invested in our smallholding-future ( square baler is next ) so we will keep working while we can.

I say to people "do it".
1 January 2016, 22:13,
I am fast getting there Steve....not far to go now ...not your scale ..but a good balanced compromise none the less.