Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pets
7 January 2016, 09:48,
RE: pets
(7 January 2016, 05:41)Lightspeed Wrote: Good news BP.

Glad it all worked out OK in the end.

With my slightly xenophobic hat on, we know a number of people who have had similar experiences with their dogs getting upset by previously OK big brand foodstuffs...the common link appears to be the movement of manufacturing to Poland.

I am led to believe the dog food makers are always changing the recipe, a lot of what they call "meaty lumps" are nothing but sugar, so as from Monday we will be buying a better class of dog meal.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 January 2016, 11:01,
Looking at the economics of feeding our old dog on boiled chicken carrots and rice/pasta on which she is once again thriving, its way cheaper than the big brand stuff..........it just takes more effort to prepare.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

7 January 2016, 11:50,
i'm not so sure that what is essentially human food has the necessary vitamins and proteins that a canine requires, it may be okay whilst the dog has a stomach clear out but i'm not so sure this is any good for them on a permanent basis, dogs require different things in their diet to humans-we don't really need a glossy coat do we??ha ha.
not that I would tell anyone else what to feed their dog, someone on here was feeding their german shepherds on venison as I recall, each to their own.
we have decided to feed our Cairn Terrier on a better quality of dog meal, it may cost a little more than the normal bog basic brands but at nearly 14 years old I reckon she deserves it!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 January 2016, 11:55,
Don't know how long it last but I have enough dried cat food for a few years. Coupled with the occasional meat, sealed in mylar, which lasts years. Might we worth finding something you like and putting plenty aside.

Maybe even making your own like highlander did.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 January 2016, 12:24,
i'm not sure that I want to store commercial dog meal for any length of time, I think we just proved with our latest canine upset stomach that it dosent take long for this stuff to go off.
I need to research some more natural types to store for the long term, meat isn't a real problem but the meal needs to have some more though given to it.