Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very Nice Concealed Gun
9 January 2017, 13:22,
RE: Very Nice Concealed Gun
Thanks guys, good feedback and interesting that I could indeed attend training legally.

Appreciated
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

9 January 2017, 18:06,
LS if you want to undergo some firearms training there are companies in Northen Europe that offer this with English speaking staff ,a lot cheaper than going to the state's with the added bonus of training on the firearms you are most likely to encounter after an event.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
9 January 2017, 18:34,
Midnitemo you do not know what is going to be the most likely firearm available "after an event".

That will depend entirely on who promotes the event and what they bring with them. It might be the latest hardware, common hunting shotguns and rifles, or home made devices created fro trash.

You train with what you have and study up on what everyone else has.

Even when I was in the forces and training on enemy equipment regularly there were some weapons we did not have access too.

The AK was in Russian hands for nearly ten years before the west got hold of copies to study. Soviet troops were under orders to police all brass and not allow pictures of their weapons to be taken. It was not util the Hungarian revolution of 1957 that the west got a good look at the "new" Soviet rifle.

Strangely enough, I now own and shoot one weapon that had a $1,000,000 bounty on it if you could recover one from a dead Soviet soldier.

As for the "English speaking staff" you will find that if you book a class in the south eastern U.S. you will be spoken too by folks still speaking the English brought across the waters from the homeland before 1800 when you folks decided to mutilate the common language. You folks moved away from real English, we didn't. Especially those of us in the south.
9 January 2017, 20:11,
I was thinking about local sourcing , more likely to be European weapons used in the training , more common here more likely to be encountered here , undelever rifles are not common here especially the big bore ones like 45/70 ,colt 1911 rare,large revolvers rare,
older mil surplus like garands/m14/Bar almost non existent , car15/m4 and derivatives almost non existent here , when I have spent time on the ranges in the state's these were the gun's on offer
9 January 2017, 20:14,
Not deriding the US range experience just pointing out it can be done closer to home and cheaper and that there needn't be a language barrier
9 January 2017, 20:21,
I'd be willing to bet the most commonly encountered/available gun after an event will be a 12g double of some description in the UK and Europe
10 January 2017, 01:47,
You might be surprised!

Thousands of semi-autos and pumps are selling all over Europe and the Turkish guns of both persuasions have flooded the UK in the past 10 years.

Folks with the FAC are not restricted to the 2 shot magazine and many defensive shooting centers are teaching large capacity shotgun use. Lots of 3 gun matches being held also, requiring larger magazine capacity.

Yep I was surprised when I found that also.
10 January 2017, 02:11,
No i'd still put my pension on the 12g double , don't know the euro numbers but I do know uk restricted section 2 shotgunners out number firearms cert holders in the region of nearly 8 to 1 and our national gun trade website has more 12g doubles available to buy at ratio of more than. 10 to 1 compared to pump actions and auto's combined.
10 January 2017, 07:41,
Probably so.

With less than 7 guns per 100 people it really does not matter. Any guns you pick up off the ground will have to be brought from somewhere else.

Better pull up that thread I did on the AK and study up!
10 January 2017, 09:25,
(9 January 2017, 18:06)Midnitemo Wrote: LS if you want to undergo some firearms training there are companies in Northen Europe that offer this with English speaking staff ,a lot cheaper than going to the state's with the added bonus of training on the firearms you are most likely to encounter after an event.

Thanks Midnite.

I've had a couple of PMs pointing me in the right direction.

US training s interesting to me as its aimed at a population who live day-in day-out with a large number of people who routinely carry.

I'd predict that training for that situation will be different from what we'd expect to encounter in the here and now in Europe.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580