Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multi-Tool help
18 January 2012, 19:46,
RE: Multi-Tool help
(18 January 2012, 18:04)uks Wrote: Had leathermans had 2 blades break when cutting they said it was a fault with the metal. I most admit they did replace both blades free af charge.
Sounds good. Did you get an address for after an event.

Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
18 January 2012, 20:12,
My problems with earlier Leathermans was the cut out section on the handles of the Super tools that doubled up as the locking spring for the plier heads, i had three of the buggers snap off.

18 January 2012, 20:18,
I think I've come to one simple conclusion.

Buy one of each, Leatherman and Gerber, then try them both out for what I want them for. Problem is......I had 2 price ranges in mind. £30-£40 short term and £70-£100 long term.

Guess I'll be testing the cheaper ones first.
28 January 2012, 22:18,
I heard maybe a year ago, that leatherman had previously shifted production out of the USA and the quality was not as good. I have never chased this up though to verify -- as I would not buy leatherman as I think they are overpriced due to their costly advertising/branding & their current market position. I am not sure what good alternatives their are in this field as I prefer to carry a few dedicated quality tools.. I did get a present of one of those "Boyztoyz" small multitools a few Xmas' ago and to my surprise when I came to use it, it seemed to be of good quality workmanship & materials & the tiny led torch built in has been exceptionally useful. It even fits inside gun barrel bores to check for foreign objects. Not dear at all I do believe..TL.