Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toilet paper
19 January 2012, 20:49,
RE: Toilet paper
I've used dock leaves in the wild, as you know dock leaves grow around stinging nettles before sitting down check for stinging nettles.
21 January 2012, 07:47, (This post was last modified: 21 January 2012, 08:07 by Bobby.)
(19 January 2012, 18:24)NorthernRaider Wrote: I have a good stock of loo role and kitchen roll set aside we bulk buy it when its on offer, but I feel personally that after TSHTF ( maybe literally) personal hygiene discipline with have to be far more rigorous to prevent outbreaks of disease. So my emergency kit is highly loaded towards using sterile baby wipes to make sure the job is dont right, and I've also loads of hand sterilising gell to make sure hands are disinfected even if we are on the road after bugging out.

I was wondering about the wipes, do they not dry out after a while or are they ok if kept sealed ?
(21 January 2012, 07:47)Bobby Wrote: [quote='NorthernRaider' pid='5494' dateline='1326993861']
I have a good stock of loo role and kitchen roll set aside we bulk buy it when its on offer, but I feel personally that after TSHTF ( maybe literally) personal hygiene discipline with have to be far more rigorous to prevent outbreaks of disease. So my emergency kit is highly loaded towards using sterile baby wipes to make sure the job is dont right, and I've also loads of hand sterilising gell to make sure hands are disinfected even if we are on the road after bugging out.

I was wondering about the wipes, do they not dry out after a while or are they ok if kept sealed ?
Sponge on a stick ?.... You can pay good money for that in Amsterdam mate !

(19 January 2012, 18:24)NorthernRaider Wrote: I have a good stock of loo role and kitchen roll set aside we bulk buy it when its on offer, but I feel personally that after TSHTF ( maybe literally) personal hygiene discipline with have to be far more rigorous to prevent outbreaks of disease. So my emergency kit is highly loaded towards using sterile baby wipes to make sure the job is dont right, and I've also loads of hand sterilising gell to make sure hands are disinfected even if we are on the road after bugging out.

I was wondering about wipes, won't they dry out,or are they ok if left sealed ?
Sponge on a stick ?.....You have to pay good money for that in Amsterdam mate !
23 January 2012, 14:17,
Ive also used dock leaves. But it was about 23 years ago. Cant remember if I thought it worked well or not. I wiped properly with toilet paper when I got home.